ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ripley RR Day Pics, 15/02/09

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Those tyres look fun in the wet/ice coops. Ps left you an message on msn which I know you will be interested in ;)

mate they grip a f**k of a lot better than any other tyre i've used in the wet/damp, not been in the snow on em yet tho and standing water is a no no lol

TVR Cerbera
211 bhp on the day, fuelling was all over the place, needs remap, should be good for about 235.
30052008029.gif

Ripleyrr_0001.gif

Ripleyrr_0002.gif

Uploading vids now onto the tube, will post links later

Ps my air temp and RH is wrong, just like the Vectra. Can we get a free 2nd run too?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
coops dannys readout is wrong aint it ?

well we all seem to of suffered at the ambient temp of 25 degrees thing, but thb mate i dont think it'll of made much of a difference, that vectra didnt do much better and not like we didnt sling enough horses down

anyway why do you care, its only a renault after all blue oval boy, winky winky nudgy nudgy, eh eh eh

TVR Cerbera
well we all seem to of suffered at the ambient temp of 25 degrees thing, but thb mate i dont think it'll of made much of a difference, that vectra didnt do much better and not like we didnt sling enough horses down

anyway why do you care, its only a renault after all blue oval boy, winky winky nudgy nudgy, eh eh eh

Just because you've got more bhp than you know what to do with! ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The bodied one needs mapping, looks like it might be detting a bit, too lean to keep things cool.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If it's just to tidy it up and get the fueling right i expect only a couple of hours. If it drives ok as is then £200+ VAT (2 hours mapping on the dyno)

Paul

TVR Cerbera
If it's just to tidy it up and get the fueling right i expect only a couple of hours. If it drives ok as is then £200+ VAT (2 hours mapping on the dyno)

Paul

Sweet as. I'll save some more pennies, but i'd like to have it done before april. How much notice do you need?

Megane R26
You'll be ok, just drive like -JB-, had trouble overtaking him! ;)

If anyone else wants to have another days laugh, join us at Marham in April
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=393260

We'll see who has power and who has talent (I've got the first, but not much of the second!)

lol you keep makin comments about my driving, makes me sound like a nutter haha

got my first video up too, the rest messed up while i was out for some reason so ill get them going agen now

daz's bodied 172 cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moW024-fCg0

S4 Avant
I think the general idea we got was that mods make your car s**t, unless you remap the ecu for the mods you're running :(

S4 Avant
Looks that way...

Custom mapping FTW!

Yes indeed, dissapointing RR figures were had by most of the cliosports.

Even more depressing was that the rollers were running generously if anything, so we'd have made even less power

340i
I don't think they where running generously... They seemed to be spot on in most cases!

Only "pub figures" at the end of the day, if the car feels good and pulls well its all good"!

Mine came out at 172BHP but I know for a fact its definitely more than that, Mark (silver PH-1) has near enough the same mods as me except the cup alternator set up and he came out with 11BHP more than me :s LOL!

S4 Avant
Ignore me, I'm talking out my arse :(

Still greaving over the fact that yet another thing isn't right with the bean

TVR Cerbera
Yes indeed, dissapointing RR figures were had by most of the cliosports.

Even more depressing was that the rollers were running generously if anything, so we'd have made even less power

But Dave that's tuning. An air filter will not give you magical bhp, or an exhaust or one of these rstuner things. RS clio's cost money to get power, i know. however done right and you'll get good gains. The RStuner is probably good IF you get it setup properly eg live mapped at a RR, not driving up the street, too many variables.

I thought the Rollers were spot on, vee running 240ish, mustang running 317. gain some you lose some, that's the joy of rollers, they are a guide to power output, not law.

Daz

keg

ha ha yer cant beat the rotten blue oval. my temp was right lol i had danny ringing me up asking bout it. naa tbh it was a vectra tho aswell