ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ripped off Big Time!

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I really feel like i have been ripped off,

£350 quid for a 36,000 service, without the Aux belt.

Grrrr

it's only money! I only have to pay half anyway as work are paying for the other half, so not too bad!

need a place near slough for an aux belt change, they wanted another £300 quid on top for the belt!!!

ANy Ideas on costing? I only took it there as it had always been there

Turbos.
How much should we be paying for it then?

BB Performance quoted £350 including air con (£240 without), not sure if that included belt change.

What do you mean air con? do they pump it up? they had better for that otherwise i'm am goign to be muchos pissed off, £250 quid woudl have been luverly! they joys of car ownership hey?

Ooh i think i need two new tyres aswell? any bulk buys on tyres goign on?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I'm taking mine in to Benfield Renault Gateshead tomorrow for it's 36k service.

Did you not get a quote before you booked it in?

I got quoted £199 without belt, £282 with.

I supplied my own oil (they charge £76) I got it for £32. I have an ITG filter so they knocked off another £18.

All in now it's £205 with belt. Plus my own oil.

Still fecking expensive.

I've topped up my cooland and washer fluid so I'll kick off if they charge me for it. I've checked my wipers blades are fine too. I've also stuck a marker pen on the aux belt with the engine on, so I'll know if it's been changed.

Last edited:
  Cup 172
A lot o places class 36k as a major service and put it up for about 300 plus the belt. However, when I questioned them on the difference between a 24k and a 36k, the difference was that they take the wheels off and check the brakes. 100 notes for that??? Hmm.