ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ripspeed Dvd player

A well built VW
the one in my local halfords looks shite all the colour on the buttons has come off and it looks cheap which it is Yes the dvd will work with a little mod to the wiring

White Sti Hatch
Its cheap nasty crap mates got one in his corsa :dead: Screen colours are crap quality is crap and the cd drive chews up discs every now and then n you have to hit eject bout ten times before the disc appears

My advice AVOID !

R53 Cooper S
wouldn't bother myself matey, the screens tiny, better off saving for a decent hu alpine/pioneer imo.I had a 7" motorised screen w/dvd/ps2 in my old bus and tbh the novelty soon wears off, u can't really watch it and pay attention to the road aswell anyway, just patter more than anything else hence the reason i never bothered putting it in my 182, just my two pence worth:)

Black 172 FF
Not the best product in the world.. the buttons wear off within 6 months but u can just take it back and have it swoped normally ;) or at least i swop em when people bring them back :D

Clio Dynamique
yer cheers guys i think im gunna avoid it lol i got rather attracted by the cheap price lol taaa

VX220 Turbo
avoid them full stop most ripspeed products are crap.

aim for the big makes and you'll get better sound quality, better picture and more reliability.

if i remember correctly when i wired in a double din screen into my lupo i attached the wire that was supposed to go to the handbreak switch to the normal earth wire which made the screen come on permanently rather than when the handbreak was on

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
So would you guys en gals avoid Ripspeed all together then?. As I was looking at this on Halfords website:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_productId_265831_langId_-1_categoryId_79855

they ones are ok ive fitted a few, they are apparently rebadged old pioneer stock without the removable face, and if youve ever seen or fitted one of the pioneer motorized ones you'l soon see for yourself, look identical apart from the facia and different GUI

earth the handbrake connector and it'll work fine.