ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Halfords speakers?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Pop the rear speaker covers off Dave and have a look how flimsy the doorcard is. Dont think a heavy speaker would work too well in the rear - There is loads of space but think it would cause massive rattles if putting bass through it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That's a good point mate i'll have a look, I thought the fact they were 13cm would mean they'd just slot straight in, but I guess if i'm sticking a couple of decent mids in there some reinforcing might be in order, good job I have access to loads of free Foamex.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'll give that a go then as long as it doesn't f*ck with the box in any way.
if its helped my astra's box last with the strain its under and stopped thr second gear crunch... id say its worthy of a 172 box

as for the rear speakers, put some sound sheeting on the inner rear quarter aswell

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
This crap any good or do you or the garage know a decent place to get some?
I typed Dynamat in but it's f*cking expensive.
$(KGrHqV,!qMFESV3N4+CBRdWfMUiv!~~60_12.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RATTLEMAT...542405?hash=item460eb65a45:g:6ZMAAOxyhlJRdWfM

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That' looks like tool box draw liner with sticky backing LOL! Just pack the rear space out with some foam stuff and see how it goes