ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Halfords speakers?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
All sorts, i've got every piece of music i've ever owned on my ipod, punk, metal, techno, hiphop, 60's, so it decides the playlist.

But this is what I was annoying the neighbours with.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you not a bit treble happy now with 4 tweeters in the front?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I can alter the levels through the HU, but with everything on maximum it sounded 100 times better than the sh*t blown standards, I can turn the treble down if needs be but it sounded fine, bass and clarity is so much better.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
So i'm happy with my new speakers but I could do with a bit more bass, so I was thinking a couple of mids in the back might improve things a bit, yet again I just want to be able to splice the existing wires onto the new speakers rather than f*cking about with amps and sh*t, I know they're not proper subs that take up most of the boot, or an under seat sub that booms up your arse, but I thought maybe these might do the trick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pyle-Gear...198189?hash=item51d6afd3ad:g:GjEAAOSw~gRV3d3D
$_57.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Face...070890?hash=item51d1bb67aa:g:lZsAAOSwrklU7kRE
$_12.jpg

My new speakers are 220W, I take it the fact that the above is 200W won't be a problem?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So i'm happy with my new speakers but I could do with a bit more bass, so I was thinking a couple of mids in the back might improve things a bit, yet again I just want to be able to splice the existing wires onto the new speakers rather than f*cking about with amps and sh*t, I know they're not proper subs that take up most of the boot, or an under seat sub that booms up your arse, but I thought maybe these might do the trick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pyle-Gear...198189?hash=item51d6afd3ad:g:GjEAAOSw~gRV3d3D
$_57.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Face...070890?hash=item51d1bb67aa:g:lZsAAOSwrklU7kRE
$_12.jpg

My new speakers are 220W, I take it the fact that the above is 200W won't be a problem?
I've got an under seat sub if you want it? Piece of piss to wire up.

Takes up no boot space, improves sound and no target for thieves!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That would be great but it's me you're talking to, I have absolutely no clue how to wire anything up other than twisting wires together and taping them.

Also those mids will be hidden by the rear speaker covers same as the front ones.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
13mm deep socket, a flat blade screwdriver, some wire crimps and connectors and a free morning is all you'll need.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing I have out of that lot is the screwdriver, looks like i'll be visiting HMS Guy Martin for help, if you don't mind posting it to me then i'll stick it in mate, much appreciated.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The only thing I have out of that lot is the screwdriver, looks like i'll be visiting HMS Guy Martin for help, if you don't mind posting it to me then i'll stick it in mate, much appreciated.
Let me see if I can find a box/bubble wrap from work.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate, i'll owe you some beers.

So out of the two speakers I posted, which would you stick in the back? I'm thinking the yellow ones but the description says even though you can just stick them in and they'll be fine, they work better with an amp, whereas the white ones don't mention an amp and they're a little cheaper.

I kind of know Guy martin will try and convince me to stick an amp in there at some point, so maybe the yellow ones would be better as I can upgrade the system with an amp in the future.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What size go in the back? I've got some brand new speakers you can have too if they'll fit. I think they're 6 inch.

Me personally, I wouldn't amp anything.

Unless you're into driving around blaring your music with your windows down, a decent headunit, 4 speakers and a small sub will be more than enough.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I did a search and other members said they're 13cm (5.25") like the fronts, I don't mind spending a few quid on new ones if it means I can finally hear decent tunes over my exhaust.

So my new front components, two mids in the back and and underseat sub should make for some bangin' tunes without an amp?

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to owe you some serious beer not to mention that Dr Pepper crack you're addicted to, so far the list of stuff you have to do is new tyres, wishbones, exhaust mounts, speaker wiring, underseat sub install, and see what you can do about my leaking gearbox.

I'm starting to feel bad now.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
@DaveDreads can you spec me a bass build? I'm looking for at least 10000W RMS at 2 ohms. Must have HPF, LPF, DNB and RNB. Was looking at the Vibe Blackdeath stuff but I think I need an expert opinion before I go spending lots of money.

Renault Clio Mk2
@DaveDreads can you spec me a bass build? I'm looking for at least 10000W RMS at 2 ohms. Must have HPF, LPF, DNB and RNB. Was looking at the Vibe Blackdeath stuff but I think I need an expert opinion before I go spending lots of money.
unless its 50'000W+ theres no point mate, won't hear the bass :/