ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Halfords speakers?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Right my speakers are utterly blown, knackered and distort to buggery, I don't want an 'ICE' install, I don't have a credit/debit card or any digital money so I can't order speakers online, I basically just want to walk into Halfords and come out with some 13cm speakers I can stick in my doors, I know nothing about audio stuff, I don't have a soldering iron or any electrical knowledge other than which wire goes where in my standard speakers, so i'll need CS to help out a bit, I need to know which one of these will be any good, although tbh anything will be better than what I have now.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...tIndex=0&tabNo=1&pgId=1&initMin=0&initMax=100

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're better off just getting some secondhand standard ones if you just want to plug and play.
Aftermarket ones mean you'll have to start cutting plugs off.
I've probably got a set you can have down the garage?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have some 6x9s in a parcel shelf you can have. Getting it to you world be a problem though. Someone will have to fit it for you mind

Cs builds Dave a sick audio build?

1469491_100401151634_pop_pic_clio12.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Anything will do tbh lads, mine sound like the ipod's playing through a kazoo.

I could ask HMS Guy Martin to fit new ones as he's a car sparky, but I don't want to take the piss as he helps me out enough with the car as it is.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
in terms of halfords audio as it pains me to say it go for Vibe or Alpine ones
Get ones rated around 70watts maximum because anymore can cause to much load for your headunit.

You should see my old ICE setup lol
IMG_7039_zpsf760e98b.jpg

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a full set of Sony speakers I took out the track slag. Only thing is, I don't know if they work. You're welcome to them though young David.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I've just remembered that there's 2 places in Cov that'll fit speakers for me, I might just buy some off them as long as fitting isn't a piss take price, failing that i'll just scav some standards off you lot.

So in typical CS style this whole thread is probably as waste of time. lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just remembered that there's 2 places in Cov that'll fit speakers for me, I might just buy some off them as long as fitting isn't a piss take price, failing that i'll just scav some standards off you lot.

So in typical CS style this whole thread is probably as waste of time. lol
You need a flat blade screw driver and a T20 to change the standard speakers and replace them for more standards.
It's really not difficult.
I changed both my front ones and it took less time than smoking my fag.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Off topic, but how do you get paid without a bank account? I thought just small companies etc pay cash and I assume your company is quite large?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Off topic, but how do you get paid without a bank account? I thought just small companies etc pay cash and I assume your company is quite large?
Who said he doesn't have a bank account?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You need a flat blade screw driver and a T20 to change the standard speakers and replace them for more standards.
It's really not difficult.
I changed both my front ones and it took less time than smoking my fag.
I've took the door cards apart before so I know how it's all put together, piece of piss, although I would like some new funky ones to boom the tunes out, i'll see what the car audio places say to me, if I ever get more than a Sunday off work.

I have a building society account to do direct debits and whatnot, but it only has a cash point card and the entire financial industry won't let me have a credit card anymore.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've took the door cards apart before so I know how it's all put together, piece of piss, although I would like some new funky ones to boom the tunes out, i'll see what the car audio places say to me, if I ever get more than a Sunday off.
You don't need to take the door cards off you sideshow Bob wannabe.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
One day i'll shock everyone and post in the detailing section, probably when i've got a different car with paint I care about, I don't think they'd appreciate my rain water and brillo pad technique on the dog kennel.

Impreza RB5 #054
Didn't you change the alternator yourself? If you can change that, you can change speakers. Couple of screws and 2 wires.

Renault Clio Mk2
well i've got a fli sub from halfrauds fitted in my little clio, and i know most people will hate, and i know its a crap brand, but tbf its better than i would expect! so i'd say if you can get some fli ones, but tbh any speakers in the door will sound better than the oem renault ones, if you've got the money though, grab a sub while you're there! takes the load off the door speakers and improves the sound massively just because of that! and im sure you can sweet talk the guys down there to fit the sub and door speakers for £30! just make sure they dont wire it to a permanent feed as renault decided to go against what everyone else does with the cables to there head units.. 😂

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Unless it's an underseat sub i've nowhere to put it, then back seats and carpet have been removed and dog proofed and I need all the boot space.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Pink is neg for both sides. Told you this already...

I really think the cause of your issues is the hamfisted bodger that cut those wires in the first place.