ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rivals

Megane R26
I've resisted the urge to 16v it so it still has the 1.3 engine.
No where near the Cup in a straight line but a lot of fun in the twisties. Peak power at 7250rpm, such a fizzy little engine.

We often swap cars for the day. Both are good fun.
There we go

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I love these, are they nippy in a straight line? Much difference between this and a 106 gti?

Megane R26
They are quite small compared to a Clio. My old 16v Rallye was still noticeable smaller than my bros old Ph1

Last edited:
  Megane R26
I love these, are they nippy in a straight line? Much difference between this and a 106 gti?

They feel quite slow because nothing really happens until about 5k revs.
In a straight line mine is in par with a Gti to about 85mph on a private road.
Engine wise wise only has a K&N in the original airbox, 4-2-1 Supersprint manifold and a 2inch grpN Pugsport exhaust.
In the corners it's easier to keep the engine in the boil and they carry a lot if speed through corners.
16vd they loose that revvy eager character but would make it a little quicker than a most Renaultsport Clios. 8v ftw!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So why have this over a gti? Smaller engine but less weight right?

I used to think a rallye had a gti engine in but was stripped more :(

Megane R26
Hang on, I see a pattern emerging here.. I'm definitely the Peugeot fan in the family although I'd love a tidy sunflower Ph1.

Last edited:
  Megane R26
So why have this over a gti? Smaller engine but less weight right?

I used to think a rallye had a gti engine in but was stripped more :(

Yup smaller but more revvy and rewarding engine, lighter and noticeably more nimble and checkable and a lot more raw.
Pretty much just a steering wheel and pedals!
S1 came as a 1.3 8v 100bhp, compared to my last one before i 16v'd it using the 1.6 16v 125bhp from Gti /Saxo Vts.

Original 8v

16v

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Old school cool now Dave that's why ;)

S0-Photos-du-jour-Peugeot-106-Rallye-1-113158.jpg

Megane R26
So some reason I keep coming back to this thread to look at that little 8v,
I can't explain why, but I want one.

Get one mate! I've owned a lot of 'fun' cars including 182, ph1 172, gti6'd 205, 306 Rallye, 16v'd s1 Rallyes but these revvy 8v are just a total riot. You'll be grinning everytime you drive it!

PB Clio 172
Clio wins in terms of pedal layout! When you push 1 pedal u don't get all 3 like you do in the Pug! Horrible, horrible car to drive the 106..

Megane R26
Clio wins in terms of pedal layout! When you push 1 pedal u don't get all 3 like you do in the Pug! Horrible, horrible car to drive the 106..

I'm size 10 and never had that issue, I guess I'm used to it. No problem going for Clio to rallye as long as I wear the right shoes. Great for heel to toe!

Megane R26
I gave the interior a really good scrub, surprised how much filth was deep in the seats! Seatbelts are red again rather than a dirty red.
2013-08-25121044.png

Engine bay got a little wipe down too. Ignore the wire on the airbox, was a temporary fix to stop the airbox from rattling.
20130825_110410-1.jpg

Couple of pics with some a moody backdrop.
20130825_110554.jpg

20130825_110518.jpg

The car is still an absolute joy to drive and really puts a smile on my face,, probably more so than my old s1 16v!

It gets plenty of attention and compliment from all ages which is nice.

Megane R26
I now have a Leon FR tsi through work so the little rallye is possibly for sale. Pm me if interested and I send pics and spec.