ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

road angel 6000 sat nav help

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
ive just brought this the other day and im strugging to get signal after 10 minutes due to the UV window screen .
so i brought a exernal antenna for it . im just woundering wheres the best place to put it ? . ive been told to put it infront off the clear box at the bottom off your window as some say its not UV protected or is it better to put it under the bonnet ?

clio 182 black /gold
Im not sure. My sat does this. So i put it outside for a few mins and when it catches up i put it in the square at the bottom of the screen and it is fine.

Hi,

Strange that the SAT nav doesn't work, I have a Phase 2 172 53 plate and my Navigator works okay all the time, I had a original Roadangel in my 2001 Y plate phase 1 172 and that didn't work so I use the aerial and ran it to the backseats and put it in the side pocket and it worked fine.
They are magnetic so anywhere on the outside of the car will work.
Hope this helps,

Ph-Sold!
The RA 6000 can take 10-15 mins to get a signal in RS Clios, get the mount as low and close to the exposed part of the screen and it will get signal, but can be slow and patchy at times, although usually once it's found it it'll be fine for your journey.

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
thanks for the replys .
i had the same problem when i had a road angel 2 . i want to find a place where i can hind it and hind the wires too , thats why i thought of the engine bay .

anyone else who has theres in a different place , please let me know

Stick the external antenna on the rear parcel shelf, I did when I had mine. It got a clear line of sight and worked fine & dandy. You can run the wire under the carpet along & under the door surrond to keep it tidy as well.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
that link is brill thanks gerodieracer ! thanks for the replys guys i try this tomorrow ! thanks everyone !