ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel Compact fault - won't start up?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Whenever it's connected to the power lead, everything lights up blue as normal, then the screen flashes red 5 times then shuts down, leaving only the buttons illuminated blue.

Road Angel website says this means it needs new firmware, so I've downloaded the latest software release, but as it doesn't get past the start up point above, my PC never recognises it as attached and therefore can't/won't updated the firmware.

Anyone come across anything like this before?

Do RA deal with issues like this if you don't have an active subscription?

Thanks!

clio 182
Ahhh mate, if you search there a thread on here i had loads of problems i contacted road angel a number of times and in total had 4 road angels off them 3 of them would connect to my lap top i had a similar problem to yours with my 1st one except mine would stay orange, and then turn its self off, the 2Nd one wouldn't pic up signal and the 3rd just did'nt turn on.. Nightmare, i told them if i get another 1 and it doesn't work il want the best road angel they have for my inconvenience, I had one within 2days worked just fine never had a problem since, so best bet is to ring them and they'll do a step by step set up with you.