ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

road angel/etc for 172

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

anyone care to recommend a system for detecting cameras/ traps/ all the usual guff for installation in my 172?

plus what are the subscription charges and starting costs? Just making some enquiries before buying one, so guid/ bad comments on systems welcomed

ta

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

shall do Al.

Wanted a TomTomGo but this covers both bases. Have checked the installation stuff, dont think its a total nightmare to conceal the cables, have also read you can wire it straight into the cars power supply rather than run it off the fag lighter.

BMW M3

Hi mate,

I had my Road Angel 2 hard wired into my 182 by a mate who owns his own ICE installation company. Sits very neatly on dash with the windscreen mount. Wires just disappear behind the dash and you dont see them again. You can also power it off the cig lighter internally but still keep the use of the lighter or power socket. If you have a heat reflecting windscreen you will need an extra ariel which i have and is also easily concealed. I also have the number plate mounted sensors which are hidden behind the lower grill. Seems alot of work but all that took my mate 25mins and it works perfectly....... and i am very happy with the RA2.

Hope this helps

Any Qs just ask,

Jus

BMW M3

Yeah, came out just after i bought mine which i was a bit gutted about as i cant see any less features than the original... in fact it has another feature which is useful as i shows what the speed limit is..

[Edited by Justin182 on 04 September 2005 at 8:45pm]

[Edited by Justin182 on 04 September 2005 at 8:46pm]

Tesla MP3 2021

ive got a road angel 2.......does the job great.sad think is a need to pay £50 to upgrade the suscription....lol.

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235

Ive got an ipaq PDA setup with tomtom GPS (which for the route guideance alone is fantastic). online you can update the camera positions for free permanently, there arent any subscription fees for anyhting. Also u get to use the PDA for other stuff as its removable. For this you need and ipaq (prob <£200 on ebay) and a reciever (about £100)in my opinion its far superior to road angel as you can see the camera position on the road rather than just knowing there is one in 300yards. Finally its still legal when the new police bill comes in regarding laser detectors.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Justin182 on 04 September 2005

Hi mate,

I had my Road Angel 2 hard wired into my 182 by a mate who owns his own ICE installation company. Sits very neatly on dash with the windscreen mount. Wires just disappear behind the dash and you dont see them again. You can also power it off the cig lighter internally but still keep the use of the lighter or power socket. If you have a heat reflecting windscreen you will need an extra ariel which i have and is also easily concealed. I also have the number plate mounted sensors which are hidden behind the lower grill. Seems alot of work but all that took my mate 25mins and it works perfectly....... and i am very happy with the RA2.

Hope this helps

Any Qs just ask,

Jus

its for 172 so prob need the extra aerial, but be getting this pretty soon, so ill see how easy it is to get it wired direct. I want the one with the navigator (£600) hard to get at the no i believe as its just out.

182_blue cheers for the cheaper one, ill look into that as the sat nav isnt 100% essential