ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Trip (everyone likes a good road trip thread right?)

Clio v6
Only 35 days until we embark on our road trip :D
5 lads, 2 cars, 8 countries, 16 days!

Untitled-6.png

Hotels have been booked in Le mans and Madrid.
Villa has been booked in Marbella (private pool and bar :D)
Hotels have been booked in Benidorm, Barcelona and Monaco.
Nurburgring lap tickets have been purchased (nothing booked, hoping theres space at the campsite!)
Hotel has been booked in Amsterdam.
Ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull has just now been booked. Which means..... WE ARE GOOD TO GO :D
I’ll be sure to take loads and loads of pics.

Now I just need to figure out how we're going to fit two surf boards, two bikes, a spare wheel, all our gear and a roof box onto the clio! Should be interesting....

PH1 172
Very jealous mate, trip sounds awesome!!!

Get a thule roof rack kit and a couple of bike racks from halfords and you will easily fit 2 bikes (either side) and 2 surf boards + roof box in the middle on the roof. Spare wheel could fit in the rear somewhere with the engine lol

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
that is so cool, would love to do something like this. includiong lots of nice mountain roads and views!

nurburgring is amazing and will easily find somewhere to camp

Clio v6
Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. Perhaps a boot mounted bike rack though. I should mention I think I've come across my first major issue.....

Apparently roof racks are impossible to fit on a ph1 v6 so I'm told!! Need to look into this.

Very jealous mate, trip sounds awesome!!!

Get a thule roof rack kit and a couple of bike racks from halfords and you will easily fit 2 bikes (either side) and 2 surf boards + roof box in the middle on the roof. Spare wheel could fit in the rear somewhere with the engine lol

Clio v6
We've been on about it since like January! We've already had the lads holiday in magaluf so fancied something different. Although to be honest, I'm defo gonna get f**ked up in at least marbella, benidorm and amsterdam lol :D

Yer I've been told I don't need to bother booking a campsite for the ring, just turn up and find somewhere. Btw... whats the deal with the ring this year?! There's like hardly any public days compared to last!

that is so cool, would love to do something like this. includiong lots of nice mountain roads and views!

nurburgring is amazing and will easily find somewhere to camp

RB 182 FF
Well bugger me what a coincidence! Im doing almost an identical trip minus going to Holland in October time! Im off to see my folks who live in southern Spain then back through France, up the coast to Monaco then Italy to see Valentino Rossi's home town and Modena to see Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani etc then Nurburgring and home.... can't wait...!!!

Looks like you guys are going to have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you take plenty of photo's for us ye..!!!!! :D

05 clio dynamique
awesome trip dude :) How much do you think it's going to cost in petrol and in total? I've always wanted to do something like this myself just never had the funding spare. I hope you have fun and find a way to take all your stuff on your v6 :)

05 clio dynamique
I'd say at least £650 in fuel.

I checked the same route from my house in nottingham and back to nottingham and it said £750 atleast on a 1.2 ... hate to think how much that v6 is gonna drink with all the added weight. ouch haha

Looks like you might be going to mont ventoux looking at the map? If so it is fantastic i drove it last summer :D

Clio v6
tbh i haven't even really totaled it up. I do know it'll be def over 1k in fuel. If you think fuel costs are gonna be bad for me, the other car coming is a 480bhp evo 9!! I'll probs spend something in the region of 3-4k? Something like that. But thats various hotels, villa in marbs for 5 days, nurburgring, amsterdam (weed, hookers and booze :D (ok no hookers, couldn't do that to our lass! but if i was single!!! :evil: lol)) so could do it loooads cheaper.

Oh and I can see the evo taking most of our gear!

awesome trip dude :) How much do you think it's going to cost in petrol and in total? I've always wanted to do something like this myself just never had the funding spare. I hope you have fun and find a way to take all your stuff on your v6 :)

Clio v6
tbh, with all these mountain roads on our route, we don't know which ones to take and which ones to miss. So i think the plan it to simply ask locals when passing through which are the favoured ones.

Although now you've mentioned mont ventoux, I'll probs check it out!

If anyones been to where we're going and came across an awesome road... please do let me know!

Looks like you might be going to mont ventoux looking at the map? If so it is fantastic i drove it last summer :D

tbh, with all these mountain roads on our route, we don't know which ones to take and which ones to miss. So i think the plan it to simply ask locals when passing through which are the favoured ones.

Although now you've mentioned mont ventoux, I'll probs check it out!

If anyones been to where we're going and came across an awesome road... please do let me know!

You've gotta drive mont ventoux, its quite easy to find its near orange (close to avignon)
A road i missed last year but will be visiting this year is the route d turini. Its north of nice and monaco so looking at your route wouldn't be too much out of your way.
Put this into google maps :)
Route de Turini06380‎ Moulinet
France

PH1 172
Not sure why because it's the same shape as a ph1 top half and structure differences lol. If you lived closer I would say to pop round and test fit the ones I have before buying.....

This is the Thule kit I have mate
Thule Rapid System 754
Required components

• Thule Rapid System 754
  • Thule SquareBar 761
  • Kit 1119
  • Thule One Key System 544, 4 cylinders
From here mate www.roofbox.co.uk

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. Perhaps a boot mounted bike rack though. I should mention I think I've come across my first major issue.....

Apparently roof racks are impossible to fit on a ph1 v6 so I'm told!! Need to look into this.

Clio v6
Nice one dude.. thanks for the info!

Route de Turini06380‎ Moulinet has now been added to the route :) as for mont ventoux, this is a lil off course..... personally, i wanna check it out but need to see if the others are up for it.

You've gotta drive mont ventoux, its quite easy to find its near orange (close to avignon)
A road i missed last year but will be visiting this year is the route d turini. Its north of nice and monaco so looking at your route wouldn't be too much out of your way.
Put this into google maps :)
Route de Turini06380‎ Moulinet
France

Clio v6
spot on geezer!! gonna start looking into this today. i too found it strange that people were telling me not a single roof rack, in the entire world, would fit a ph1 v6 lol

Do the back windows pop open on a ph1?? on the v6 they dont you see.... could be the issue?

Not sure why because it's the same shape as a ph1 top half and structure differences lol. If you lived closer I would say to pop round and test fit the ones I have before buying.....

This is the Thule kit I have mate
Thule Rapid System 754
Required components

• Thule Rapid System 754
  • Thule SquareBar 761
  • Kit 1119
  • Thule One Key System 544, 4 cylinders
From here mate www.roofbox.co.uk

RX7 FD
If you are getting into France via the tunnel...wave as you come through as I am working that day!

Looks like an epic route, have fun!

Taking the motorway down from calais, past lyon, past grenoble into provence. Staying about an hour north of st tropez. Near a place called gorge du verdon. Epic rounds round that place though full of tourists or worse... Belgians!!

PH1 172
Sport windows are sealed mate, only the front doors need to be opened to fit the front bar :)

Good luck sorting it mate

spot on geezer!! gonna start looking into this today. i too found it strange that people were telling me not a single roof rack, in the entire world, would fit a ph1 v6 lol

Do the back windows pop open on a ph1?? on the v6 they dont you see.... could be the issue?

Clio 172, Pug 106
That looks an awesome trip!!!

Im planning on doing a bit of a roadtrip next year! Just need to plan the route properly...

When you staying in Benidorm? Ive not long been back!

Clio v6
we're staying at the venus hotel. i am gonna hit it well hard in benidorm, love the place :D

That looks an awesome trip!!!

Im planning on doing a bit of a roadtrip next year! Just need to plan the route properly...

When you staying in Benidorm? Ive not long been back!

Clio 172, Pug 106
we're staying at the venus hotel. i am gonna hit it well hard in benidorm, love the place :D

ahh yes i know where this Hotel is.... Benidorms fantastic... we went in June, awesome weather, cheap beer... what more can you want!

Never saw any cliosports though :(

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I'm trying to plan something like this for late next month with a few friends. Let us know how you get on.