ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah best idea,post up suggested hotels & area then down to yourself to book a room.??

See if we can get the route sorted this weekend or week.Then can go from that on hotels and goals for each day.

But atleast we have set the date...

13Th SEPT (upto you on staying on the Thurs night ready for the morning on the Friday)

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Good stuff mate,i'll prob just suggest places to stay unless i find a place we can all stay together & needs payment.Otherwise prob best if people book themselves.

Where are you in Essex mate?

I’m in surrey mate. Surname is Essex lol

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I’m off on holiday tomorrow, and probably won’t be online until next Saturday so I’ll catch up next week ??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Stumbled across this route planner site the other day. You basically drag the line where you want to go. I've not had a look at it on the pc so don't know if you can export the routes to Google or a satnav but it might be of some use?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Cool mate good find,i still don't have a laptop to put it onto my sat nav,may have to enter it all manually or get a decent new one.
What route did you plan out? @OssPoop
I was just looking to plan a running route near home to check the distance. I'll have a play with that on the pc when I get chance and see what can be done with the routes. Exporting to Google maps would be ideal so then we could all have the route to hand.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Haha same mate, only know of Snowdonia & what others have recommended with the breacon beacons.Defo doing the breacons tho,i think @Jon46 is going to help with the route as has been a few times.Hopefully get this sorted in the next couple of weeks @OssPoop

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I’ve had a quick look at this route finder ( ?? @OssPoop) and it’s mainly walking or cycling routes which are not much use to us.

However, type in ‘Wales’ as a keyword, then select ‘motorcycling’ and about a dozen good routes appear ?

Definitely able to export it to devices too, so like it’s been said, everyone can preload the route just in case we get split up ??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate i think its that price so decent i say.Well either head towards breacon beacons then up to snowdonia or head to Snowdonia first then down to the breacons, suppose doesn't really matter which way first.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Yeah mate i think its that price so decent i say.Well either head towards breacon beacons then up to snowdonia or head to Snowdonia first then down to the breacons, suppose doesn't really matter which way first.

That’s a good find if we are meeting the night before we start, or we could meet in that area on a morning and go straight into Brecon then stay somewhere in the Brecon?

Thoughts?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think it would be best to meet up the first evening and start the tour fresh in the morning. Its a 2 1/2 hour drive there for us so I'd be wanting a rest and a good stretch after that.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im up for meeting the night before as makes sense after the drive to wales,so be cool to chill fee drinks check cars over and fresh start in the morning after a fry up!.

So all cool with this place as the starting point?.Then head to breacon to have a blast about and have a day there & stop over night.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Ok so one space left for the Bunkhouse,will be for the 12th Thursday evening/night ready for an early start on fri morning.

Its £12.50 each if theres 4 of us and bring your own sleeping bag.Beds provided etc

@alexessex_7 @gez 172 @SharkyUK @Rojer @197. @Tim. @Mr R.
@Dr Jekyll and anyone else i have forgot.
I’m happy to pay for this now to secure the bed! I have a work event I’m going to Thursday in birmingham, then will need to drive home to collect car and then meet you guys. So likely won’t be there till late.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing against you guys or anything, but it might be better if I get my own accommodation rather than sharing.
No obligation to bunk up together mate. Which day are you planning on heading to Wales? Thursday will just be us travelling down there, the fun starts Friday.