ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road trip to Paris - Essentials I should be packing?

172 Cup
Hi guys!

I'm off to paris for a weekend in november, just wondering what sort of things I need to take. I know you have to have breathalyzer/high vis/warning triangle/first aid kit etc which I've got.

What else would you recommend I need to take. I'm contemplating a can of fuel, oil, water, coolant, scissor jack, those sorts of things.

Thanks in advance
Chris.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Study the route you are taking in Paris on google maps. I know our turn off from the ring road to the hotel brought us out in the left hand lane of a 4 lane one way road, and then we had to immediately turn right, which was impossible.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Headlight direction changers

Bottle of water
Bottle of oil

(If either develop a leak, at least you can limp it somewhere if it's not too severe)

172 Cup
I've just got my breakdown with european cover, and travel insurance lol.

A coat shall be packed along with some jumpers, it's going to be nippy I reckon.

I've got water and oil already on the list ;)

I have xenons, do I still need the direction changers as they just point straight and not slightly to one side?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
You still need headlamp direction changers. Xenons are still set to kick up to the left like standard lights AFAIK.

172 Cup
I've got the breathalizer kit, as mentioned in the first post ;)

Quicksteel, what on earth is that, never come across it before!

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Sat nav with France map loaded I always find useful. Random roadworks throw you right off - déviation farce

You'll need to be really pushy and beep your horn loads if you drive in Paris too.

<3 the driver level traffic lights for when you are at the front of the queue.

172 Cup
Ha, I've got the sat nav sorted don't you worry about that. I've got a go hero pro on the go too to catch the all the action!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This to lure in the females
garlic_bulb.jpg

And these for once you've made the kill
condoms-condom-vending-machines.jpg

Clio 172
A normal printed map is always worth having for those road closures your sat Nav won't be able to work around (experiance in the Czech, nightmares)

1.2 clio
Lol agreed with the garlic. But I like how you pick the flavoured ones to post a picture of. Maybe extra safe lol

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
If you are taking a satnav turn off the speed camera warning. It's illegal to use it in France and speed camera devices are definitely illegal. If caught with one in the car even if its not being used the police can destroy them and fine you as well

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you are taking a satnav turn off the speed camera warning. It's illegal to use it in France and speed camera devices are definitely illegal. If caught with one in the car even if its not being used the police can destroy them and fine you as well

Why? Stupid theiving b******s lol, making it illegal to stop them stealing your money :(

172 Cup
I've got one of those packed already. It's funny cause no one trusts these french machines but the majority of people on here have one!

172 Cup
I know that lol, some people on here don't have french though... Offtopic!

So;

* Breathalyzer
* First aid kit/warning triangle etc
* Headlight kit
* Diagnostics kit
* Coolant, water and oil
* a coat
* Kitchen sink

Anything else?

172 Cup
I've got European breakdown cover especially for it with my bank. What's the French equivalent of 'the AA'? Le AA? Ha

Westy. MX5
Don't forget your sense of humour, you'll need it on the roads of Paris, normal traffic rules don't seem to apply there:)