ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Glacier White R26 TrackCar, Corbeau, Sabelt, AST'S

BMW E36 328
Well after my last project

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?556209-Rob-s-F4R-d-Dynamique-Track-Car&highlight=Rob91

ive had a few cars in between but nothing I could really use on trackdays. Anyway to cut a long story short I bough the R26 back in January, and caught the trackday bug once again (although it ever really left). I have a thread going on megane sport that ill copy over so bear with me as some bits were done beginning of the summer.

Ive had My R26 since January so i think it about time i started a thread as ive done with all my previous car.

I havnt really done alot to the car since buying it back in january, having had a fair few cliosport's in the past i decided it was time for a change when i decided to look for a new car. I looked at a few cars before buying the megane which included a clio 200, astra vxr nurburgring & golf GTI's. I had done quite abit of research on the meg's before buying the car that i now own, i was set on a Glacier White R26 with the Lux Pack and black pack. I looked around for a while on the internet before spotting a stunning example at a dealer not too far from me, so i went down the next day with a mate and the car was in amazing condition, not a mark on it, and as for the interior it was perfect. Took the car for a quick spin and 30 mins later found myself driving home in my very own R26, Result!.

Since i got it home I've not done alot apart from the exhaust, intercooler & re-map. Firstly i decided to go for a Forge intercooler as reccomended by many off the forum. As for the exhaust i went for a 3" decat which i took down the road to a local company to get ceramic coated, got a 5" 200 cell miltek sports cat and the Ktec 2.75" cat back. The car had a ITG panel alrady fitted when i got it. The exhaust sounds awesome as a few of here can vouch for, so yeah really pleased with the car so far.

A few mates off cliosport booked on a trackday at Oulton a few weeks back, i couldn't resist raking the meg on, so i followed suit and booked on aswel. Needless to say i was very impressed with the car. The only downside were the brakes which are due to be sorted within the next week.

Right so thats whats happened the last few weeks, now here are some photos as she stands now after a very quick clean, sorry for the poor driveway photos lol

P1020851_zpsbf4894e5.jpg

P1020850_zpsc76af3a5.jpg

P1020849_zps55e4d236.jpg

P1020848_zps64b040f6.jpg

P1020846_zps613e0322.jpg

P1020846_zps613e0322.jpg

More to come....

BMW E36 328
After meeting up with John, steve and carl a few weeks ago, a finding out a little more about the megs and brake set ups, suspension ect i decided to buy some new discs and pads ready for the ring & my next trackday. After talking to John and Steve about the brakes i decided to go with plain Brembo HC discs and Ferodo DS1.11 pads for the front as i was told this is one of the best set ups for the megs

P1020845_zps696bbef4.jpg

P1020844_zpsfd8cd87e.jpg

P1020842_zps68a8d860.jpg

P1020841_zps49886d16.jpg

BMW E36 328
Ive also decided it will be a good idea to change the oil & filter and the spark plugs at the same time as I have a few more trackdays booked.

P1020840_zps2dd64645.jpg

P1020843_zps2a63f4e4.jpg

After the trackday at oulton i thought it would be good to get some sticky rubber. After searching high and low for a spare set of R26 wheels i finally managed to get hold of a immaculate set of wheels, big thanks to John for sorting me out with those , then i came accross a set of virtually brand new 888's on ebay which i quickley snapped up for a bargin.

P1020854_zps07b3d182.jpg

P1020853_zps7b1068a5.jpg

BMW E36 328
Just got round to sorting through my photos from Oulton Park the other week that my friend took

image_zpse43dde52.jpg

image_zps479a461d.jpg

image_zps119f5f62.jpg

image_zps87ecb7cc.jpg

And now were up to date, Since this has been updated, a few more trackdays have been done plus a trip to the ring with a Destination Nurburgring trackday thrown in for good measure. I've decided seeing as I don't use the car much anyway to use it purely as a track car. So a few bits have been ordered and fitted . Firstly I decided that the full leather recaros weren't supportive enough and were just too slippy, so decided to get myself a set of bucket seats. After much debating I finally decided on a seat.

A Corbeau Revolution from Demon Tweeks

image_zpsc04b17a2.jpg

image_zps57267f2f.jpg

BMW E36 328
After sourcing a subframe for the seat I was finally able to fit it in the car, so the full leather recaros were removed :(

image_zps19086598.jpg

and the new seat was fitted, had to borrow a harness off f0xy as mine hadn't turned up yet

image_zps875ed92b.jpg

image_zps063f38de.jpg

Finally my 3" sabelt 6 points turned up :)

image_zps5507429a.jpg

And finally fitted

image_zps3c5bb5f1.jpg

The passenger seat should be in next weekend as I'm a little busy this coming weekend. And I've just had confirmation that my AST SPORTLINE 2's should be with me in the next 2-3 weeks . Can't wait for them to arrive now, will totally transform the car. And that's it for now :). Will update more when the AST's arrive :)

275 Trophy
Loving this. Have pretty much same spec but mines a daily so need to keep reliable.

What are the brakes like now after the new pads & discs? I ask as I really think the R26 brakes in OEM spec are disappointing, and worse than mildly upgraded ph1 172 brakes.

BMW E36 328
Loving this. Have pretty much same spec but mines a daily so need to keep reliable.

What are the brakes like now after the new pads & discs? I ask as I really think the R26 brakes in OEM spec are disappointing, and worse than mildly upgraded ph1 172 brakes.

Thanks alot :). Yes I agree the standard brake setup isn't the best, the brakes are awesome, not so good for road use but amazing on track.

Megane 225 F1
Cracking car mate. I'd love to have mine as a track ****, but I need it for daily and I'll never have a track car as a daily again.

Are you on RSmegane.com? If not, get over there and sign up.

BMW E36 328
Cracking car mate. I'd love to have mine as a track ****, but I need it for daily and I'll never have a track car as a daily again.

Are you on RSmegane.com? If not, get over there and sign up.

Thanks alot :). Luckily I have a van for work so the car just sits about apart from weekends. Yes I'm on both meganesport and RS megane but both forums are just too quiet for me, and not alot goes on. Mainly go on to look at the trackday section.

BMW E36 328
I've had a few PM's regarding the recaro front seats. Sorry they have been sold, you can thank Joe for that :)

BMW E36 328
Found one of the photos that joe sent over from when we went to the ring back in June. Love this photo, probs one of my favourite photos of the car to date. I'm sure joe will post more when he has gone though them :)

image_zps60380b4f.jpg