ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Glacier White R26 TrackCar, Corbeau, Sabelt, AST'S

BMW E36 328
Had a call from Ktec as I ordered a subframe from them on Monday, saying they don't have them in stock, they have a batch that are at the powdercoaters and they MIGHT be here for the end of the month.... :banghead: And AST have said the coilovers will be I the UK next week, but they need building...... May have them in the next few weeks :hail:

BMW E36 328
Well abit of an update, the subframe arrived from ktec which is all good, the seat is ready and waiting to be fitted ready for Blyton on Saturday. Still having problems with the AST's (god knows where there upto with them) get a different delivery date everytime I speak to them, I've been told they may be here next week but that's not set in stone :(. Was hoping to get the on and ready for Blyton but that's not going to happen. Few other little bits turned up over the last few days, will get some photos tomorrow.

BMW E36 328
Well today was the day I finally took delivery of my AST Sportline 2's :). First impressions, well what a piece of kit they look absolutely amazing, hopefully will get them fitted this weekend, anyway some photos

image_zps42822049.jpg[/URL

[URL=http://s678.photobucket.com/user/rob91_bucket/media/image_zps8ecf4499.jpg.html]image_zps8ecf4499.jpg[/URL

image_zps50bf812e.jpg

image_zps5e2684bb.jpg

image_zps064b77e1.jpg

image_zps969fa5d2.jpg

image_zpse40ce467.jpg

image_zps37039061.jpg

image_zpscfebdcc7.jpg

ive booked the car in at Blink Motorsport near oulton park for a full alignment and setup next Friday afternoon. Then it's all set apart from the new discs and pads, for Oulton on the 16th November :)

BMW E36 328
May aswel share another update, after Blyton Park a few weeks ago whilst we were driving home the car decided to make a really high pitched grinding noise, anyway it didn't sounds too good as you can expect. I thought one of the brake pads were running a little low. Didn't think anything of it until the car had been left for a couple of weeks and I saw the drivers side wheel was starting to develop rather a lot of rust. Took the wheel off to inspect and found this

image_zps5b55553a.jpg

now the right hand side pad looked to be sat completely on the disc, removed it and found this

image_zpsa5f7c63d.jpg

no pad material left at all. The rest of the front pads all had around 3mm of material left. I've ordered up another set of ferodo ds1.11 pads for the front and some new Brembo HC discs, which I'll put on a few days before oulton. Running with standard pads for the next few weeks until all of those are fitted. Standard pads = sh1te lol.

BMW E36 328
Cheers be even better once there on and set up. Going to be running 3 degrees of camber and 1mm toe out :). Just need to order some spacers once there fitted :)

BMW E36 328
Need to find something to put on the coilovers to help protect them before they go on...... Any ideas?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
HSD coilovers get shipped with motorbike chain lube. It's sticky as hell though and on a new set of coilovers gives more resistance when adjusting the collars. I'd get them on the car first then spray them.

BMW E36 328
Don't want to put anything that's really sticky on mate. Just want something that's kind of waterproof. Don't want them to get covered in rubbish as soon as I go out in the car lol. I'll have a look around and see what's about.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Don't want to put anything that's really sticky on mate. Just want something that's kind of waterproof. Don't want them to get covered in rubbish as soon as I go out in the car lol. I'll have a look around and see what's about.

Silicone lubricant should do the trick mate. Available in Halfrauds http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_214714_langId_-1_categoryId_255223

Pretty sure it's similar stuff to what FK send out with their coilovers.

S1 Rallye Shed
What about some coilover covers, just search it on eBay. May just stop dirt and grit sticking to the lube. Also love what your doin with the Meg. Need to get mine on track soon.

BMW E36 328
What about some coilover covers, just search it on eBay. May just stop dirt and grit sticking to the lube. Also love what your doin with the Meg. Need to get mine on track soon.

I've thought about them Adam, wouldn't they just he water against the shock?

Chees, didn't intend to be going down this line with the car when I bought it but the track day bug just won't leave me alone :(. Have you any track days booked?

BMW E36 328
Just give it a quick test on part of one before doing the whole lot, to see what it's like.

Thats an idea.... I would have coated them all in the stuff haha. I think I need to get myself another GoPro also sold mine a while back, itching for another now :)