ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rockingham Skid Pan in my RS...

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
hmm. I know thats a decent legal way of learning...But i learnt soooo much more than that in 5minutes in a volvo 340 with a welded diff and an empty road/roundabout.
It looked very drawn out. You never had a RWD car before then?

RB Clio 182
I enjoyed the video and you look like youre having a lot of fun which is the most important thing, along with learning how to handle the car in these circumstances.

You also have a really soothing voice.

Its nice, i can hear you reading ‘The Three Little Pigs’ to me right now :blush:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
hmm. I know thats a decent legal way of learning...But i learnt soooo much more than that in 5minutes in a volvo 340 with a welded diff and an empty road/roundabout.
It looked very drawn out. You never had a RWD car before then?

It was far from drawn out, the whole day was quite fast paced really. You had at the most three to four minutes between runs, enough to digest or LOL at what had just happened and then you're off again.

I know what you mean about the 340; my first car was RWD, a Triumph Toledo (think Dolomite light), 30bhp, 890kgs, remoulds on all corners and so little rear damping that stood at the back you could bounce the back wheels off the ground. On wet roundabouts at 15-25mph it was never facing forwards. That thing was so much fun.

I enjoyed the video and you look like youre having a lot of fun which is the most important thing, along with learning how to handle the car in these circumstances.

You also have a really soothing voice.

Its nice, i can hear you reading ‘The Three Little Pigs’ to me right now :blush:

Ha ha, my wife LOLd! I smiled. :kissingheart:

Who was the guy with you, he looks like he sold his soul on the way in.

That's my BFF. He's full of charm really but also knows when to shut the f**k up.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That looks like a much better way to learn how the car skids than the early drift mode youtube videos! Ford should include a day like that with RS sales, although that wouldn't keep their repair department very busy

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
That's a lot quicker per go than last year, was closer to 10 mins per go when I did it. Looked really good and a good variety of cars.