ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cage for 182

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Are the functional cages all weld in only? Want a half cage thats functional but bolt in...any ideas? cheers

all roll cages will have at least weld in strengthening plates IIRC. k-tec do a bolt in but as i say they still need plates welding to bolt to.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Ah right so either way some welding is going to be needed, cheers Loony now take some pics of your car dammit!! haha ;)

yup will need welding as the shell wont have suitible mounting points on it from the factory for a cage. you only live in Bristol dont you ? if youre that keen you can come take a look lol

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

That makes sense, will make some phone calls. Yeah im in Bristol mate, will probably attend the swindon meet :)

Be good to see your seats and have a sit in there compare the seating position. Tbh the red on yours has grown on me and looks pretty good against the racing blue.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

lol at meggerman, end of the day mate R&D involved in something like a safety device such as a rollcage is quite expensive i would imagine.

Loony, im totally used to the red now lol...changed the viper intake to black tho as it was starting to irritate me how much it stuck out. Dont think ill fit in the suzukas mate lol, did you go for the normal ones or GT width?

Would be cool to have a ride in a few peoples cars, im curious to see how the coilovers feel and it would be interesting to go out in someones standard car as ive forgotten how mine used to be with all the interior etc lol

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 06 June 2005

lol at meggerman, end of the day mate R&D involved in something like a safety device such as a rollcage is quite expensive i would imagine.

Loony, im totally used to the red now lol...changed the viper intake to black tho as it was starting to irritate me how much it stuck out. Dont think ill fit in the suzukas mate lol, did you go for the normal ones or GT width?

I went for regular width ones, im 6ft3 and not stick thin, lol. Its a snug fit though tbh and if i put on half a stone i doubt id fit. But its more an issue of how broad your frame is than fat as its snug on the hips against the bone. Either way youre welcome to have a sit in mine and see what you think.

Would be cool to have a ride in a few peoples cars, im curious to see how the coilovers feel and it would be interesting to go out in someones standard car as ive forgotten how mine used to be with all the interior etc lol

Coilovers are firm, lol. The Gaz are definately a more crashy ride than my H&Rs were but i think thats down to a lack of helper springs on the front and a higher spring rate. Again youre welcome to come out for a run in mine to see what you think.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Just a bit of GDI/AWT fettling...

SMT7, Piper fast road cams, Angelworks manifold matching, Viper induction kit, ProSpeed 2.25 exhaust with silenced de-cat. very nealry 200bhp, think Andy said it made 198.4 or something lol :)

well ill have to see when i see the car. Cant really justify spending much more on the car was going to get and exhaust then clear the finance tbh.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

yeah, just go for the exhaust mate...Ive spent way too much on mine lol. Was gonna get some better seats but i dont think im gonna bother now...just going to spend money enjoying the car and on consumables ;) Trackdays and tyres then lol.

yeah might well do. tbh though i expect a few months down the line ill start getting tempted to fit something else though.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Always the case mate, at the moment im tempted by; rollcage (obviously), some nice light wheels, coilovers, bigger injectors and head work, new brakes, better seats, new steering wheel... dammit the list goes on and on. But then again theres a nice championship white DC5 integra at my local import centre for £13k...unfortunately insurance is way expensive so that will have to wait, in the meantime i must curb my spending on the 182 lol.