ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cage rust question

BG 182
hi just thought I'd ask for people suggestions/help

I recently got my roll cage last week and loved the look of it unpainted (strange and wierd I know) so went about fitting it after a lot of swearing and removing both seats its in its only a rear cage
Now a good friend has made a very good point of it rusting which I never thought of
The car still has all carpets intact but understand it could still get moist

I've bought a bottle of the xcp rust protector to spray on what's everyone's opinion on it.

Ideally I don't want to remove the cage again would it possible to paint in if the rust protector does not work and what would people use ?

Thanks for any help / suggestions

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
If you oil it and wipe the excess off every so often id imagine that will stop the rust setting in.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Aye it would but matt would look more like it does now wouldn't it? and that's what the OP is aiming for..

BG 182
thanks for everyones input i am very tempted to use fertan but just not overly keen on changing the colour thats all

BG 182
just looked more into that fertan from what i can see its to get rust off? mine is not rusted at all think im going to stick with the rust protector i bought see how that works and worse comes to worst ill take the cage out and powder coat it silver