ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rollcage

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Elephant want an extra £225 to insure a car with a rollcage. f**kin scandalous!

thats because obviously when you fit a rollcage the 1st thing you will do is try to put it on its roof to test it *rolls eyes*

Least they will insure you. I take it your over 25 or somehting as thy wont let me lower my car at the moment even.

Loonys right though about insurance companies, they love people who want to stick roll cages in there cars. Even some of the highly modified cars insurers wont cover for them.

clio 16v

but why not? i dont get it!! how is there an increased risk to them?

if you was goingon the track- the prime benefits from a roll cage, your insurance wouldnt cover that anyway!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Its only for show - you can remove it in 2 mins - probly easiest to just not tell them

Nissan Jewk

Insurance companies will do all they can to get out of paying though. Say you drove around with the cage in and some drunk driver smashed into you, if insurance company didnt know bout the cage, they wouldnt pay out... is it worth the risk? Either pay the additional amount or sell the cage on IMO

easier said than done if the 1/4 panel is mangled to f**k or you are hurt or rendered unconscious in the accident.