ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road figures

ello peeps,

run my willy 2 on the rollers the weekend...

completely standard except ramair panel filter and mongoose backbox - and at 94K

got 157.3bhp and 129.1lb/ft which i dont think is too sad at all especially with the mileage

has anyone else run a fairly standard one and got those sorta figures?

cheers

it woz at engine advantages in witham essex

it woz mainly an essex rsoc meet but a few other cars went along as well, so the runs were costing 30 quid

Renault Laguna Coupe

Have a look in the members section - rolling road figures. Highly modded Willys seem to make between 140 and 150 at the wheels.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Can only compare with similar cars on the day as every RR is different, some reading overly high and some less.

If anyone cares about RR figures really then why not just find the one that gives you the highest reading and say thats what your car pushes out.

Also, isnt torque figure more important. Thought the RR readout would give both.

BMW 320d Sport

Well in fact torque is what is actually measured by any rolling road. Power is calculated from the raw torque figures. As Matty says, the only value in a rolling road run is in comparing a batch of similar cars with different mods, eg on a club shootout day. Getting an absolute figure is a shot in the dark, all rollers vary, even the same rollers can vary from one week to the next. THe most accurate I have found are at BB Tuning and give roughly what you would expect if youre being conservative in your estimates.

Best way to really know how fast your motor is is to start quarter miling. Once you can be reasonably consistent with a bit of practice youll soon see the difference between a healthy Willy and one thats down on power - a standard good un or one with a few basic induction/chip/exhaust mods will run 15 seconds or less. A tired or slightly underpowered Willy will make a 15-16 second pass. Any slower than 16 seconds and youve got big problems.