ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Roads in Bristol?!!?

SchwepTek™
This might be the wrong section but does anyone know if there is anywhere local to me (within say, 50 miles) that I can get my car on a dyno???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Interpro in thornbury. (google it)

Expect to be disapointed tho.

SchwepTek™
expect about 150 ish. Seriously.

Really!! That's lameeeeee!!!

Think i'll wait a year for insurance renewal and then start modifying it.

I wanna track it sometime so you can help with that.....LOL :approve:

O and how much would it cost and is it worth a remap without any mods??? Thankssssssssss!!!

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't bother with any engine mods tbh mate.

You want some decent coilovers and thats about it. (maybe an induction kit to make it sound good) but the clio engine is too expensive to extract power out of.

SchwepTek™

You want some decent coilovers and thats about it. (maybe an induction kit to make it sound good) but the clio engine is too expensive to extract power out of.

I thought induction kits reduced power and the best thing was ITG panel filter????

Just found another place in Cheltenham (www.rollingroad.co.uk) any good???

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You want to go to TSR in Bridgwater. Its got a brand new RR thats supposed to be very good.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I had my previous car RR'd at Tim Styles, very VW based and a comedy RR at the time, apparently much improved as Tom says. Mech repairs have a good rep and id certainly use them over Interpro

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had my previous car RR'd at Tim Styles, very VW based and a comedy RR at the time, apparently much improved as Tom says. Mech repairs have a good rep and id certainly use them over Interpro

I put my old hybrid on the old rollers. Old Skool! lol! They were actually very acurate though beleive it or not! Well it made the same power on two other sets of rollers. One was a dyno dynamics..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I thought induction kits reduced power and the best thing was ITG panel filter????

Just found another place in Cheltenham (www.rollingroad.co.uk) any good???

Don't listen to all that b****cks, this forum is full of wannabe engine builders!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

I put my old hybrid on the old rollers. Old Skool! lol! They were actually very acurate though beleive it or not! Well it made the same power on two other sets of rollers. One was a dyno dynamics..

Yeah i was a little shocked when i saw them dials lol, can you remember what they read to?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah i was a little shocked when i saw them dials lol, can you remember what they read to?

400bhp i think...When i was there he put his mad passat on and it went flying past the last reading..lol

haven't used them for a few years but i've always been happy with Mech Repairs.

less so Interpro and Powerstation - although i may just have been 'unlucky'!?

what about Circuit Motors up at Castle Coombe? haven't used them but might also be worth a call.
there may still be, but there used to be quite a few around here - some very good one man bands.

SchwepTek™
So general concensus??? LOL. Castle combe???

Oh and what sorta prices are we talking just for readout???

Worth a remap without any mods???

'92 172, Lotus Elise
powerstation seem to be 'about' right - give or take a few hp, going on a range of cars manufacturers specs...

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
So general concensus??? LOL. Castle combe???

Oh and what sorta prices are we talking just for readout???

Worth a remap without any mods???

Worth giving them a call. My friend had a RR there and was gonna have a remap but they were honest and said he would gain very little and not worth it without other mods. Ask there opinion from your RR results.

Contact
01249 782596
Circuit Motors
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN14 7HB

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I like Powerstation, have 184bhp according to them :p I laughed...

Saying that I tend to get all of my RR runs done there in an attempt at some modicum of consistancy.

Clio 172 mk2
I like Powerstation, have 184bhp according to them :p I laughed...

Saying that I tend to get all of my RR runs done there in an attempt at some modicum of consistancy.

Powerstation is good

I think that is the right approach to use the same RR

RenaultSport 172
the RR in powerstation i think is very good I went there on a club RR day
back then I had a golf 20vt and i got 197bhp with a remap,exhaust and filter,whilst another golf 187bhp with just a remap.
there was also a standard golf 20vt(with just a panel filter) which came up with 154bhp
very accurate in my experience with them