ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Bars...........(MTB"ERS please help)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i am looking at getting a set of roof bars for my ph1 172 very soon and i want to know what people have got and what they advise,

i know i can get some from renault or there are Thule ones too, please advise on experience and prices if possible

these will be used for carrying an MTB

Monaco Ph2 172
I tried to get some Thuel roof bars from Halfords the other week for my Ph2 172 and because it's a 3 door, you need a special order fitting kit. Same with the Halfords own brand ones.

I also contacted Renault and they wanted 80-odd quid - and that was special order too! In the end I didn't bother with it, so can't tell you what the quality is like. Soz.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol.....cheers for the knowledge on 3dr / 5dr mate

i did have one that just clipped on the back but decided to give that away when i noticed it creased the tailgate, now i want a proper 1

My trusty lil 182 :)
Thule ones are brilliant but reasonably pricey. I've got aero bars and the the Thule bike rack and holds everything on a treat. Some of the other brands do a weird arse 2-footed kit for the back bar which looks really messy but Thule one is very simple.

Can take the whole thing on ad off in 5mins as well which is great.

Pic of mine with the rack on:
DSCF1198.gif

FF 182 w/cup packs
I have the thule roof bars too, i've had them for years on my Megane aswell as the clio, they are excellent, solid when they are on but easy to remove too. My mate works next to the Thule distribution site in Cleevedon, he got a good deal on the kit for his Audi, let me know what you want and i may be able to sort some discount.

What and where do you ride Neil?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sounds good kev and rage.....

kev you got any ideas on prices for what you have got, or locations to purchase or were they just from halfrauds?

rage i was looking at the aero Thule bars mate, the complete set-up really, if you could get some discount that would be spot on mate

i ride an ellsworth joker mate, ride all over, quantocks, mendips, local freeride quarry near home, wales, just got back from marshalling the world champs in fort william too

My trusty lil 182 :)
Pretty sure I got mine from here http://www.roofrackshop.com/ - its been a while :eek: Halfrauds do them too

You'll need fitting kitting, foot pack (750), aero bars (861) and the bike rack (591) - all in about £180 but might get it cheaper shopping around a bit. I got locks as well so you can lock the bars and no one can nick them!

Kev

FF 182 w/cup packs
i ride an ellsworth joker mate, ride all over, quantocks, mendips, local freeride quarry near home, wales, just got back from marshalling the world champs in fort william too

Very nice bike, i've got a Santa Cruz Heckler, its was a toss up between that and the Joker, but got the Heckler at a great price, I ride the mendips, Quantocks, and South Wales, well did, haven't ridden much in the last year, damaged my knee mid last year and haven't really got back into yet, lost loads of fitness and put on loads of weight, Off to Cwncarn in a couple of weeks, need to get back into it really. If you fancy a short ride round the Quantocks in the near future give me a PM, i could do with a break in ride (unless your 40/60 mile a day rider, then i not in that league) :)

I'll let you know if i can sort some discount

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Renault harmony bars with Thule A591 rack, superb fit and finish(bars were £35 quid 2nd hand) and rack was £75 from halfords reduced from £110
s5030045ok6.jpg

thule are the best,and thule state the weight limit are not what the bars can take but what the roof will take,the roof will give in first

Vw caddy tdi
M8 ive just brought sum original renault (black aerodynamic lookin things) roof bars purchased from bloke in bath who just sold his car he had bars from new as option with car got them for £35 he paid £71+ vat new as he did not sell them with car they are the best lookin roof bars ive ever seen they look trick (much better than bars in pic above) and fit/work perfectly dont have any pics with on my ph1 yet but here are sum of persons car b4 he sold 2 me. p 25 on pistonheads classifieds....
229930-3.jpg

Vw caddy tdi
oops just realised on closer inspection they are same bars just different ad on from halfords peace ...
p.s think renault bike ad on section aprox 30-35 quid from renault if any that help?

Vw caddy tdi
M8 ive just brought sum original renault (black aerodynamic lookin things) roof bars purchased from bloke in bath who just sold his car he had bars from new as option with car got them for £35 he paid £71+ vat new as he did not sell them with car they are the best lookin roof bars ive ever seen they look trick (much better than bars in pic above) and fit/work perfectly dont have any pics with on my ph1 yet but here are sum of persons car b4 he sold 2 me. p 25 on pistonheads classifieds....
229930-3.jpg