ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof bars question

Renault clio
Hi I was looking at getting some roof bars for my bike and I am unsure on how to fit them. Does anyone know if I can just simply slide out the plastic strips on either side of the roof to reveal a gutter as they feel kind of stiff and I'm afraid of breaking them.

Clio 200
You need a gutterless fixing setup for a Clio. Something like Thule 754 and the 1119 fitting kit.

Looking into the very same thing myself at the moment as I need to get my bike around, but don't want to put it inside the car.
At the same time, I'm worried about a gutterless setup damaging the paint!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the full Thule 754 feet, 1119 fitting kit & 861 (120cm) aero bars if you're interested?

I've not used them with the Trophy but I know couzens took a roof box to Le Mans last year on his Clio v6 using similar equipment. Hero!

HenryG

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I have the Renault one's and they have damaged paint work. Could be compounded out

Clio 16v 1.2.
genuine Renault roof bars fit the best i have some for taking mine around with me do a good job, mine have left no marks, look spot on too.