ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Rack for MTB

Car  Tangoed Works
I have just got a new bike for my birthday and after 9 years away from MTB'ing I am looking forward to getting stuck right in again.

Does anyone know what is best to carry the bike on the roof. I had a look in halfords, but even the monkeys there cant tell me what I'd need. Dont want to get raped by Renault either.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
 
Good move to get back into it! don't bother with the rack, take both wheels off and seats down and job done. You can get two in and bags etc
you will also need a sheet to protect your car.
 
Clios can take roof bars, I've seen it in france. I think the roof is the way to go. Good luck with your MTB, mine was nicked :(
 
nice one guys. yeah i had it in the back today when i picked it from the shop. bit paranoid about the car and the bike getting scratched up... more so the car, the bike is in for a good slamming!!
 
I think it would be a good start to get a roof rack for the car not the MTB.
 
my messed up avatar shows my car with a rack which is always on - I use it every week.

I got a geniue renalt rack off ebay - its got a good low profile.

I'm running a pair of thule bike racks - but they are the ones where you take the front wheel off - stick that in the boot in awhell bag with the rest of your stinking gear - I get it all in the boot - so no lowering the seats - much cleaner

I like this style of rack as its very secure using the fork as a fixing point - I regularly take it to a ton - generally go like hell dont even think about it.
 
Back
Top