ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooted Galaxy S2?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Anybody done this? Did mine the other day was really easy, just wondered what ROM/kernels people are using?

At the moment I'm running CheckRom RevoHD V4 and a siyah kernel, overclocked it to 1.4ghz using SetCPU.

182FF with cup packs
Yes. I've been running rooted since the day I got it.

So far I've run the following ROMs

1) Modaco Custom Rom - Basically stock rom with option to pull out the Samsung custom apps and replace them with ASOP ones plus speed optimization etc
2) Cyanogen Mod 7 (daily build 115)- Fully custom ASOP rom.
3) ICS Resurrection 8.4 - Custom hack of leaked Samsung Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 ROM

I'm loving the ICS Resurrection ROM at the moment, smooth as glass and fast as well.

Yes. I've been running rooted since the day I got it.

So far I've run the following ROMs

1) Modaco Custom Rom - Basically stock rom with option to pull out the Samsung custom apps and replace them with ASOP ones plus speed optimization etc
2) Cyanogen Mod 7 (daily build 115)- Fully custom ASOP rom.
3) ICS Resurrection 8.4 - Custom hack of leaked Samsung Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 ROM

I'm loving the ICS Resurrection ROM at the moment, smooth as glass and fast as well.

Hello mate, I am wondering if you could help me. I have the ICS rom above on my phone and its very unstable. I have installed the 3 zip files and the ROM and the google apps ie mail and Messaging do not work. Its very laggy.

Can you give me a guide as to what you did?

182FF with cup packs
If you're coming from another ROM it's probably best to wipe first and then restore apps from titanium backup. I'm now running 8.5 and have very few only minor issues.

At a minimum you should wipe Davilk-Cache and the Cache partition from recovery.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I owned a zte blade and a sgs2, both rooted and flashed new rons on a weekly basis, cyanogen was by far my favourite for tweakability, but the mcr's are a lot more stable