ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ross' AG 200 cup

AG 200 CUP
Now then thought i would make a thread on my 200. Had a GT before which i loved but decided it was time to get a 200 wanted one since they came out and i finally got one back in December last year in the colour i wanted too and cupped.

Pics of my old GT because i miss it...

Clio.jpg

oulton2014-130_zpsd83851a7.jpg

Anyway back to the 200 this was it as I got it a little higher mileage than i was looking for at 38k but because of the colour I had to have it. Seems to tick the boxes i was looking it had recaro's and air con not cruise control but tbh my GT had it and i never used it so not too bothered about that.

IMG_1984_zpsc5aafd81.jpg

IMG_1981_zpsa212045e.jpg

First thing i done was put a cup spoiler not to everyone's taste but to me it was a must

IMG_2178_zpsu87cjyrd.jpg

IMG_2177_zpsnlfjjjk7.jpg

Since i plan on tracking it occasionally I got a set of silverstones from a Laguna as track wheels as before on the gt i was swapping tyres constantly which wasn't practical. They where pretty rough but a decent price this was the best looking one on the car just to get an idea of what it would look like.

IMG_2089_zps8gdadfea.jpg

Got them refurbished and powder coated satin black then I painted the emblem in the center caps in AG just to add a bit of something different since it's for the track.

IMG_2463_zpsymlzatna.jpg

I have also added a power flex torque bush but haven't got any pics of that and a K&N panel filter. The car does have an aftermarket exhaust but I'm not sure what unfortunately. Future plans are carbon fiber front and rear diamonds,carbon fiber end plates for the spoiler, looking at getting some silicon intake hoses just to make the engine bay look a bit more exciting, the akrapovic exhaust system keeps playing in my head but it seems silly money for an exhaust system. It needs new rear discs and pads so once that is done going to paint the front hubs so they aren't rusty anymore. Also thinking about some polarized wheel bolts but unsure on that too. Anyway thanks for reading and i will update as and when i get some bits done on it.

AG 200 CUP
The wheels where really bad apparently they normally dip them in acid stuff but they needed to be shot blasted lol they look good once done, look identical to the standard speedlines

AG 200 CUP
a24a892ecce544db9663975c5918a024.jpg

8fceecec3dee0489be9627d4d6dc3323.jpg

7b9297f9b23d223bb581da423c917dd7.jpg

Just a small update got the polarised wheel bolts much better looking than the orginals. Upon changing the wheels over my brother dropped the alloy on its face totally gutted as there was no kerb marks or anything. Also got a clio reg :) Some more stuff getting done within the next month or so I'll update it once it's done :)

AG 200 CUP
Alight bit of an update with the at got hold of some silicone hoses for the engine bay thanks to Nathan from NA Motorsport on here. Also got the full Akrapovic evolution exhaust system totally over the moon with the system it's so much better than what was on it. The car sits perfect for me now and don't want to do anything else to it apart from a wheel refurb. Only other thing is there is a noise coming from the near side wheel when turning and going over bumps thinking it may be the coil Spring as it seems to be a common issue with these but will have to get it into a garage to see what it is

446b23b3cab6dc0f8dced664915cb3da.jpg

7c4c1958e7040524fcf4eef603d344ea.jpg

AG 200 CUP
Areet a bit of a update with the car just before Christmas it was MOT time and it failed with both front coil springs being snapped. So for the price I decided to get some some eibach pro lowering springs only lowers the car 20mm at the front and 25mm at the rear now I think the ride height is spot on. Not long after I could still here this knocking noise coming from the near side front so I took it back to the garage and both the bottom ball joints on the front where shot. So both hubs had to be replaced... I know you can get the ball joints separate but the garage wasn't keen on doing the job as its a pig to do. Now that's done when I went to pick the car up they said the front near side shock is also leaking! And that's what the noise is apparently so will have to get a new shock for it too. It's safe to say it's cost me well over £1200 since Xmas but I still wouldn't change it for the world. Pic below of how it sits now excuse the quality. In the near future looking to get the wheels refurbished and maybe get the roof done in gloss black.

e9411abc2e79ba35e92a89bfaa0d0284.jpg

Great aren't they LY is a great colour too

Yeah it is mate, needs some spray work which is proving tough but other than that yes!! Only wish with mine is that it didn't have a spoiler on from factory so I could add the Cup Spoiler, you going to any shows?

Clio RS200 Raider #5
Do the Laguna wheels fit ok on the car? been thinking about getting a set for the track! are they the same size as the standard 200 wheels?

AG 200 CUP
Yeah it is mate, needs some spray work which is proving tough but other than that yes!! Only wish with mine is that it didn't have a spoiler on from factory so I could add the Cup Spoiler, you going to any shows?

Mine didn't either I added the cup spoiler it's a must :) hopefully get along to CSF this year

Mine didn't either I added the cup spoiler it's a must :smile: hopefully get along to CSF this year

Yeah they look quality on the car, almost like the Merc A45 AMG is a must with that spoiler. Shame I can't add mine to be honest, yeah I'm going there

AG 200 CUP
Just a small update the shock has now been replaced and the car feels so much better now, just had the belts and a service at clio turbo :) got the wheels refurbished and powder coated gloss black it really finishes the car off now. I've scraped the black roof idea for now... I really just want to leave it as I'm really happy with how it is now.

9f6037e167b394f55e779219b38cf4ff.jpg

f2b340277779fc0ac4214b4d4a9cd8c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk