ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex pulley/restrictor info

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
I'm after abit of confirmation regarding rotrex pulley sizes and restrictors. I've had a look through old threads but not I'm not 100%

I've bought a second hand c30-94 k-tec charger kit to fit to my engine which has 197 cams. I've bought a slightly bigger 90mm pulley for the charger to slow it down a little. The kit comes with a restrictor before the inlet at the the air filter which measures 35mm ID

So, with that pulley and restrictor size, will I still be able make 250bhp? or will I need a different sized restrictor? I've got ARP rod bolts to so I can be revved if needed

Cheers

Not ideal with 35mm - that's the same size as WRC, and even with their mega resources they "only" manage ~300hp.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
That's the original restrictor that came with the k-tec kit I think though!

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Cheers. It'll probably be worth me making up say a 37mm one then I'm guessing, just incase the 35 doesn't reach 250 @marinemackay2003

Do you know what size yours is @Cub. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 197, Audi S3,
I would go up in mm increments tbh as they are fairly sensitive so maybe a 34 and a 36 if you can do them yourself
The one I have fits in the end of the inlet hose before the filter @marinemackay2003
Hi there did you ever complete the build ,and what results did you get ? ,I am trying to do the same with a 197 but am struggling to get info on pulley sizes and restrictors etc, I am not sure when you look at the graphs for the Rotrex if you size the pulley to get the maximum speed of the supercharger or whether you size it to give you the speed at which you get the point on the graph for the required kg/sec output?