ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex supercharged megane valver monster

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
@f0xy - sure, but I take no responsibility for fires, death, french engineering etc. ha ha ha.

this is assuming I haven't broken anything in the meantime :eek:

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
@chrisjk - um, that isn't my hand. i am the one nervously pouring the traction fluid in! lol

@shepperdspie - i'll tell you when i've rolled it. assuming I've done the sums right - it was running 112 brake at the wheels N/A - and I'm spinning the blower up to about 70,000rpm (1/2 speed) so it *should* be around 160-170 brake at 6,000 revs. this isn't taking intake heat losses and other things into consideration of course.

I'm having trouble getting the effeciency data from rotrex as regards adiabatic and parasitic losses but either way it's going to tear my 20 year old gearbox and clutch apart...

Didnt realise that was you last year at Oulton mate, I got some pics of your car (think I sent you them)....what setup was it back then?

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
@f0xy - ha, small world... yeah you did... and they were top notch.

Last year it was running the same engine, but running off the throttle-pot on 3 and a bit cylinders due to head gasket failure. The people who got my oil all over their bonnets are no doubt still p*ssed at me.

I was also running decades old comedy suspension. It's now been poly-bushed and the shockers are GAZ gold. The most important thing has been the addition of the MAP sensor for better/easier part-throttle running and of course positive air pressure...

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
**AGAIN - CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THE TOPICS ABOUT THE CAR - THE GIRL VIDEO'ING IS P*SSED AT YOU ALL - YOU TRY WORKING ON A GERIATRIC CLIO AND KEEPING CLEAN**

Moderators - if this thread keeps going off topic, just lock it for me. Many thanks.

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
@f0xy - don't jinx it. lol. the gasket went about a fortnight before I reckon. it sucked a gallon of water in on the way to work one day :(

I have every confidence in it ;) for this year.