ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rounded off decat nuts, any suggestions?

clio 172 cup
As if changing the decat on a 172 wasn't enough of a ball ache, I've manged to round off both the nuts. My mot is due in a week, Any suggestions for getting them off would be much appreciated.

clio 172 cup
There is not a chance of getting the grinder in there and I'm not really sure how succesfull using a drill on a nut is likely to be. Does anyone know where I can get one of those sockets with the reverse thread in? An actual shop.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I had this. Was impatient to get it done & ended up using a Dremel... Wouldn't recommend it as it took forever! :dead:

Surely an angle grinder would be the weapon of choice?

ITB'd MK1
6 sided socket is probably your best bet. fingers crossed there's enough of the nut left for it to grip the sides

if that wont go, you'll have to try a slightly smaller socket and hammer the s**t out of it to get it on

clio 172 cup
how about a turbo socket try searching for turbo sockets there designed for rounded bolts/nuts :approve:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007GGUE2/?tag=cliospnet01-21

this sort of thing just as an example :approve:

I went and picked up a similar set from screw fix, was hard work getting enough force behind the socket to make it grip but I got there in the end, aching this morning. Thanks for everyones suggestions, now I need to source new nuts and bolts, north west performance seem to be the cheapest, is there anywhere other than renault that I could pick a set up from today?