ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 - bought today!

Clio 200 RS
Hi all
Here she is, epic drive back from Bristol way, loving her already, but where do you plug the obd port in?!

b847b515a1d77b76f616f4a75fe94d24.jpg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Found the sucker! Ran the carsoft thing I bought to do me old mums scenic brakes with and she threw no codes - bonus!

Thanks for the welcome, sad that no 200s are allowed, I’ll just pretend it’s a 197, which it basically is!

You’ll fit in well!

I have a MK3 200 as well. Love em!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks fellas, I know how modern and up to date the 200 is; I have folding mirrors - folding mirrors!

Anyone done this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333713133928
Ms custom engineering do quality work and their smoothed inlets have been proven to make gains on mk2 clio's (yeah those old crappers again!) and will likely give slight gains on the 200 too. You'll need it remapping to get the most of them but you may as well upgrade the exhaust too before getting mapped.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They're worth it just for them to look nice. I wouldnt do it if you're chasing gains, but if you're just after the aesthetics they're spot on.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
They're worth it just for them to look nice. I wouldnt do it if you're chasing gains, but if you're just after the aesthetics they're spot on.
They do look amazing too. But a mk3 needs that big flat spot mapping out anyway so may as well go for a couple extra horses. Every one counts when you're lugging all that weight around 😂.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They do look amazing too. But a mk3 needs that big flat spot mapping out anyway so may as well go for a couple extra horses. Every one counts when you're lugging all that weight around 😂.
This is true. May aswell buy one of those map sensor brackets once the inlets are fresh.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Not exactly kangarooing but a little uncertainty, is that the flat spot?
No, the 197/200 don't like being used cold and would like a few minutes when cold to warm up before setting off. The 1*2 just feel flat when cold. The flat spot is in the middle of the power band and you can feel as we say a flat spot and then the car picks up again as you rev it out.

As for the comments about hissy fits and things like that are to a lad who use to post on here and returned back after some years and expected a reply to his question within 0.2 seconds of his post going live. Then he upped and left the forum again with tears in his eyes. Generally if you ever need an instant reply to anything then get on over on to Facebook and like the UK owners and the cliosport.net pages and post on there if you're ever stuck and need a quick reply.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly kangarooing but a little uncertainty, is that the flat spot?
People have found its down to the map sensor moving. Loads of people made brackets that secures them in place reducing this movement and in turn reducing this hesitancy from cold.
Worth an investment if it starts to get worse or anything

Clio 200 RS
Aha, ok thanks will bear that in mind. First mod incoming - ktec 19mm spacers; the car looks overarched particularly on the back and I’m too poor to buy wider wheels!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Aha, ok thanks will bear that in mind. First mod incoming - ktec 19mm spacers; the car looks overarched particularly on the back and I’m too poor to buy wider wheels!
Fave mods I did on my 200 were spacers, lowering springs and exhaust. They really sort the car out, although the latter is probably personal preference.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It's possible that common issues such have already been fixed on the car so I wouldn't worry too much until something feels wrong. Enjoy your new car for a while 👍.

Clio 200 RS
To be honest the ride on H&R lowering springs wasn't noticeably worse than the old OEM springs, so was purely a visual improvement.

That’s all I’d do it for, visual, especially if it doesn’t make it harsher. Was yours on std suspension or cup to start with?