ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs badges on p2 172

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm bored and no cash to pump into the flamer but I do have a 200 style rs boot badge, I'm torn as to whether to fit it in place of the standard badge or over the clio badge holes.

Standard, 197 or 200 badge? What are peoples opinions?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I still run the 200 badge alone over the clio badge holes on the offside, but i'm outdated too and so is the car so 🤷‍♂️
sunny2.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
It’s more modern than the original Clio badges the car is getting old now and gives a cleaner look than original Clio badges if you like it mate go for it make the car your own it’s about what you like not what others think 👍

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah I think I'm going to do it, it's not like it's not reversible in the future

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well I've popped the clio badge off and with a clean the word Clio can still clearly be read due to faded paint so I'm really unsure about taking the other side off now

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've only washed the dirt off for now, I'll DA it tomorrow as I might as well while it's off then make a judgement but the paint is considerably darker underneath. I think flame red is a bu@@er for fading as most reds are.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I dont think it's going to happen folks, no amount of DA'ing is going to blend the fade. It's going to be worse on the other side if I leave it debadged
20200401_125713.jpg

Clio 172 ph1
I noticed my flamer as faded a bit, one reason I have stuck with the black cup spoiler and black roof - imagine if I painted them in the original colour it would be a nightmare to match. One downside of a red car I guess!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I noticed my flamer as faded a bit, one reason I have stuck with the black cup spoiler and black roof - imagine if I painted them in the original colour it would be a nightmare to match. One downside of a red car I guess!
Yes I knew it was quite faded judging by opening the bonnet, bit gutted as I'd finally made up my mind.

Clio 172 ph1
Yes I knew it was quite faded judging by opening the bonnet, bit gutted as I'd finally made up my mind.

I wanted to change the badges as well having done it on both my previous 172s, but glad you have shown me what a bad idea it is on a flamer!