ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS CLIO 200T ready for Speccing

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just specced a GT and if you don't mind a smaller engine and no option for rear sensors or camera (why have they done that?) it actually looks a good option if you're after the sport look as you can spec it with RS spoiler and you can have the flappy paddle gear box too along with a panoramic sunroof and that comes in around £19695 with the heated leather seat option. Worth considering if insurance costs are an issue.........

You can spec rear camera and parking sensors. There are some errors in the confirgurator if that's what you're using to get your info.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The Renaultsport version on the configurator also includes lux pack and metallic paint as standard, so you need to take off the difference to get a base price (for now!).

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You can select the car go to the 360 and then the paint options. Only options so far are black, red white and yellow, oh and grey/silver (mercury) I'm sure there was supposed to be a blue in there as well

If metalic paint is standard then theres another £495 saving with the exception of liquid yellow which I believe will still be £1300 extra making them few and far between unless RSUK have changed their minds

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Nice one Steve. Ok, only £23,840 for the one I want. Erk.

Yes some serious rethinking on the options listing - if no longer paying for the paint (excluding LY) mine now comes in just under £22000 which is still pricey but a bit more palletable - none cup option

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Would have to have the leather with heated seats for me, I'm going to wait to see / test drive one, but I'm not sure if I want to go for the release model as they are bound to offer more down the line.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Would have to have the leather with heated seats for me, I'm going to wait to see / test drive one, but I'm not sure if I want to go for the release model as they are bound to offer more down the line.

They always do update it within a few years no doubt a slightly different front bumper with front fog lights and xenons arrghh and then up the power by 5 ponies and call it the 205 oops name infringement lets say the 205T that'll keep the lawyers happy. What would really p me off is them saying there are no xenon options availble and then six months after you've bought it your next door neighbour turns up in a xenon equipped 200T don't mind them adding bits 3 years later down the line when you've just about finished paying it and should get a good px deal off a new one.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
repaint or go for the black one unfortunately it does come with blue leather bits on the inside as well

E92 325D
All these 62 plate 200s for £16k are looking mightily tempting now.

Theres a 62 plate 200 at Smiths in peterborough. had 600 miles on it when i drove it, £14995

I nearly ordered a white Gordini as id not seen one in the UK atall, until i realised all the blue on the interior stays blue :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it is.

Should it be?

Well I didn't think it to begin with but with everything considered and with the prices being calculated it seems they're very similar...

5 door only - yes.
focused towards a family orientated person who wants a bit of poke - yes.
between £18k and £24k - yes.
both come in an estate version - can see it happening.
between 200 and 250 bhp - yes

all point to being targeted at the same sort of market.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well I didn't think it to begin with but with everything considered and with the prices being calculated it seems they're very similar...

5 door only - yes.
focused towards a family orientated person who wants a bit of poke - yes.
between £18k and £24k - yes.
both come in an estate version - can see it happening.
between 200 and 250 bhp - yes

all point to being targeted at the same sort of market.

At base spec levels it's £2k more than a Fiesta, and £3k less than a Focus.

I'd say that puts it more up against the Fiesta especially when you consider the Focus is from a size segment above as well.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly, there really doesn't look much between the new focus and the new Clio...

as for the money, I see your point but you could get a base spec focus for a mid spec Clio. A bit of a difference but its not massive.

youve also glossed over the rest of my points. 5 door etc. the fiesta is 3 door

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Based on the rear seat space of the Mk4 Clio I sat in, yes, quite a bit bigger.

Just looked at Fiesta ST prices...factor in the extra Ford charge to get comparable servicing and warranty cover/schedules to Renault with the 4+ they do and there's only £1,500 between them.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Clio is in competition with Peugeot 208GTI, Polo GTI, Fiesta ST.

Mégane competes with Focus.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough, but I personally can still see the similarities between the 2.

​is there a new RS megane due?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing new for a few years then. I'm gonna park up next to a new RS when it comes out just for my own piece of mind :evil:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Made a few enquiries this afternoon and been quoted a very good price cheaper than the stand alone and with cup chassis thrown in free .

"Thanks for your enquiry earlier, as per our conversation the price with the options you requested is coming in at £19,783.94"

That is with rear camera and sensors, leather heated seats and a cup chassis on the Lux model think they may have a sale :D

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
oh i see not for me then, don't you have to keep your yearly mileage low? at the minute clocking up around 5-600 miles a week back and forth