ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS grill missing plastic piece

Clio 1.2 Expression
Hi

I just fitted my new RS grill to my Clio Expression 1.2.

After fitting it i noticed on the old grill there was a plastic part that came off. It looked like something to move air over to the rad.

I dint fit this to the new grill.

Will it be ok without it? or would I have to remove the grill and fit it?

Thanks
Ben

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I cable tied my on iirc. Think i broke the clips on it though.
Should be able to fit it with the grille still on

1.4 16V Mk2 Ph2
you shud be ok without it, i think it just block the alternator from view. and you can fit it to the grill without removing it because thats what i did

Clio 1.2 Expression
Yeah I managed to to fit the bottom clips but the top clips don't quite reach! Is this a common problem?

I'm pretty sure it's to stop some of the sh*t coming through the grill getting onto the alternator. Could be wrong though.

Clio 1.2 Expression
Anyway Ive tried fitting the plastic piece back onto the grill with the grill on my car. The clips fit and secure into place on the bottom but don't reach the top. Anybody else had this problem?

BG 182 FF
nope m8y the alternator is lower down more or less underneath where you put the oil in your engine on my car. The plastic bit is there because of where the alternator is. I fink old mini use to have a piece behind the grill because the alternator was the close to the grill :).

BMW M135i
It wants transferring over, its the alternator rain guard. The non rs one is slightly too short to properly fit but nothing two cable ties can't sort out.