ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner box any good and where from?

hiya
i have an 04 plate 172 so far has a milltek catback and a fattys induction set up and have been running it on shell v-power/bp ultimate.
have been reading a lot about rs tuner boxes, would they make much of a benifit to my car and how exactly do they work?
also wheres the best place to get one if so.
cheers

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi @rttam ,

RSTuner's write a new map to the ECU.

This basically means they re-write how the computer wants the car to function.

They will benefit you, but how depends on which map you go for.

All information (and to purchase) can be found at Fastchip.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Excellent addition for the money, loads of info and reviews on here mate....

In short, your rev limit will go from 7250 to 7500 and you'll find it's got a bit more poke lower down which makes daily driving lovely. The throttle gets a bit more sensitive and generally improves the driving of a stock car.
They come up here all the time. I bought mine for £100 off a local gent on here, mapped my car and sold the unit again for £100 the following day to another local CS'er.
If you buy a 2nd hand one then you need to purchase a map and a license specific to your car (you cannot transfer them so if you buy another RSTuner later on, your license is useless)
Once you've factored in the for-sale price, the cost of a map and license then it can even work out cheaper to just buy a brand new one which comes with all the bits.
http://www.fastchip.nl/

Henk at Fastchip even made a thread :smile:
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/read-before-you-buy-a-2nd-hand-rstuner.420716/

Otherwise it's as the two above have said, have a read around and learn about car mapping.
If you're not sure what 'mapping' is then don't attempt this yourself...

phase 1 172
theres a downside to them that everyone forgets to mention,they lock your ecu so trying any indepth diagnoatics or any future mapping is impossible as only rstunner can read/right to the ecu