ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner help ASAP

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Hey in the middle of trying to use the rs tuner on my car and I'm getting the not ok caution coming up when it comes to updating the ecu the software numbers don't match mine is 7300 and the update is 8200 do I need a different file or is that ok?

Thanks

Mickie

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Even though the not ok caution is coming up ? Shitting a brick incase I wreck the ecu

Now Sold :-(
Been a very long time since I did mine but I think you need to update your ECU to the 8200 software (.RST file) before you can write the performance (.cal) file.

Make sure you first make a backup of your existing .RST to your PC before writing the new one so you can always then go back.

Do not update it to 8200 it will not work and will cause problems!!!

You need to contact Henk as you will only need a CAL file 7300_5e11_ron98 , the RST software does not need updating you just do a straight re-write of the CAL file :D

You can only update i.e

8000,8100 > 8200>

6400 > 6500

7300 > 7300

Anything else is a big no no

Last edited:
I done a 172cup the other week and when i tried to upgrade the software from 7300 to 8200 the red caution box popped up..

Contacted Henk and he sent just a cal file instead and said just update the cal with the ron98 and leave the software as it is.

Job done. But tbf different things happen daily with the rstuner so i don't know what is right and wrong anymore lol.

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
I installed the files Henk sent me from the screenshot so assumed he wouldn't make a mistake and as I say it's running perfect somthing to do with it needing upgraded to use the map

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I questioned the same thing with Henk. I updated the software and then the .cal file and it worked fine (inc cruise control)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Old thread but just to confirm I did a late ph2 for northy8 on here yesterday that was on 7300. And I updated to 8200 and used a 182 map and its working fine.