ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner help pleasseee asap

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
my ecu is currently 6500-2a08.rst and .cal which .cal and.rst files do i need?

thanks mike

Megane 225
You already have the current file that Henk has listed. Maybe drop him an email and ask if there's an updated file for your car that he may not have on the website?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
its been a while since i did mine but i think you need to run 6400_2A07.rst then the 6400_2A07 RON98 aug 2008 .cal

iirc you need to keep the 1st number of the rst. the same as your original map, then on the cal. you need to keep the 1st two the same (6400.....)

hope this helps

Download 6400_xxx.rst and upload it to the ECU (takes 20 min)
Download the latest 6400_xxxx.cal and upload it to the ECU (takes 2min)

Regards,
Henk

1.8 Civic EX
Download 6400_xxx.rst and upload it to the ECU (takes 20 min)
Download the latest 6400_xxxx.cal and upload it to the ECU (takes 2min)

Regards,
Henk

Makes sense, thanks Henk.

However (maybe I'm looking at this completely wrong) I would have thought the 6500_xxxx.rst would be more up to date due to it being a higher number than 6400_xxxx.rst.

So would swapping the 6500_xxx.rst to a 6400_xxxx.rst in effect be "down grading" the ECU? Or does it not make any difference and the 6*00 is just a reference number to make the software easier to use?

hope that makes sense?!?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Yes and No. 6500 is a newer software version than 6400. BUT 6400_2a07.rst is the GRP_N map. So its a totally different kettle of fish. the 6400 modified map is a better variant than any standard map renault have produced. So dont look at it as downgrading :) Basically ignore the numbers in this instance as it means nothing in relative terms to remapping you car.