ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Map & Shift light

CLS, RS MEG
Has anyone had problems with their shift light not illuminating once nearing the rev limit? I don't recall mine illuminating to acknowledge a gear change. My 172 used to come on around 6k revs. The 182 however, when you start the car up, it illuminates with the other ignition lights, but not when nearing a gearchange. Could this problem be associated with the RS tuner remap which was pre installed on the car when i bought it?

Ph1
Its not a shift light, its to tell you you should of changed gear a bit ago, before it goes bang :)

Yeah, the exact same as what a shift light does :rasp:

Renault called it a ''optimum gear change light'' for legal reasons nowt else.

Clio 182 with cup kits
Doesn't part of the rs tuner remap allow the car to rev higher before the limitter comes in/ change gear light comes on? Surely it is shift light or it would be red (as in danger) not green. I'm sure I read in Renaults bumf that it is a shift light. Anyway engine can't go bang as the limiter cutsi in (I say can't go bang)!:S

Bus w**ker
PMSL Ben opening ye olde can o' worms.

If you up the rev limiter with RS Tuner then the shift/optimal gear change/oh s**t your engine is about to blow up light moves up the range too, once the engine is up to temp obviously.