ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS tuner - Ron 98 & pops + bangs?

clio 182
been looking into this more... I have a scorpion 192 with decat, and ktec style/ fattys induction kit!

I'm tempted with pops and bangs but wouldn't want it all the time, is it possible to buy both maps and swap between them as and when?

thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated a lot!

I havent used it.myself but a friend has. I borrowed his 182 for the day whilst mine was in garage. I do a lot of motorway miles and i found down shifting to.over take etc to be a pain with the noise

106GTI / NovaC20LET
pop and bang map gets old real quick. constantly got to go into neutral on the motorway when slowing down inless you want a machine gun show lol. Everyone else on the road just assumes your car is completely fucked lol. Also if a copper sees it, it's a safe bet you won't be driving the car home lmao

Reactions: Gus
  clio 182
pop and bang map gets old real quick. constantly got to go into neutral on the motorway when slowing down inless you want a machine gun show lol. Everyone else on the road just assumes your car is completely fucked lol. Also if a copper sees it, it's a safe bet you won't be driving the car home lmao
is it illegal for your car to pop and bang I take it?

clio 172
HI could anybody tell me if my car has rstuner ron map already?
cheers

Attachments

• RSTuner_ECUInfo_shiiiiiiit.png
    RSTuner_ECUInfo_shiiiiiiit.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 193
  Edition 30 / GSXR750
Interested in doing this, already have the 98 ron map which I'll run most of the time. Don't have a RStuner but wondering will I have to pay for another license if the car already has the 98ron map, and will I have to buy the pops and bangs map aswell?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Interested in doing this, already have the 98 ron map which I'll run most of the time. Don't have a RStuner but wondering will I have to pay for another license if the car already has the 98ron map, and will I have to buy the pops and bangs map aswell?

If you buy a new RSTuner you get a map with it, either the overrun or the standard 98 RON one (specify the overrun one when ordering if you want that instead of the normal one). I would say to do that, but I'm not entirely sure that you can just plonk an old map on with a new RSTuner.

As for changing maps out and about, I've seen it done (@The Fatty ) and done it myself. I would do a full ECU backup with the car on the mains, and swap the RSTuner map as desired after a 10 minute drive.

Of course it's always worth mentioning that the Pops 'n' Bangs map isn't very good for your car.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I though the car ran better with the pops and bangs map on but only used to put it on for a "feel good friday"

It's bad for the exhaust valves so I wouldn't run it everyday. 98 ron map is fine. Believe I still have some calibrations knocking about somewhere.