ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Worth the money ?

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Lol. I was going to wait after Xmas but I may get one before. Does a new one work out loads more after you buy unlock codes etc for 2nd hand ones.

Lol. I was going to wait after Xmas but I may get one before. Does a new one work out loads more after you buy unlock codes etc for 2nd hand ones.

Brand new = £176.61 including the free 98 RON Map.

Second hand = £120 for RSTuner + £103 for License + 98RON Map = £223.

Not sure if I've worked it out right? Includes shipping too.

Brand new = £176.61 including the free 98 RON Map.

Second hand = £120 for RSTuner + £103 for License + 98RON Map = £223.

Not sure if I've worked it out right? Includes shipping too.

Cocked that up. Forgot to convert the license and map into £ lol.

Second hand is £120 + £70.61 for license and map so £190.61 lol.

New is still cheaper.

LY R26 #288
It is a bit of a rip. when I got mine last year the licenses were only 49euro I think. And the maps were much cheaper too.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just looked on website. It looks well confusing to order one :(

I don’t get why people find it confusing to order one. The options should be this if you want a standard box for a 172 or 182 etc.

Version: RSTuner_Standard
VIN VF1: Clio 2 xBxx
Module: None
Accessories: None

Just check that the second number of your VIN has a B in it

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
If I buy a new one for a standard 172 and then want to do it on my 182, do I need a new licence and map again? Also can I then put back to standard in either car if I sell the unit or do I need the unit to be kept for this?

If I buy a new one for a standard 172 and then want to do it on my 182, do I need a new licence and map again? Also can I then put back to standard in either car if I sell the unit or do I need the unit to be kept for this?

If you buy new it comes unlocked. Once you connect it to your car it becomes locked. To then use it on a 182 you will need to buy an unlock code and map.

To revert to standard you need the tuner.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ill order mine tomorrow I think. Fingers crossed it comes soon. Do I need to wait for it to arrive before I download the map?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
If you buy new it comes unlocked. Once you connect it to your car it becomes locked. To then use it on a 182 you will need to buy an unlock code and map.

To revert to standard you need the tuner.

What if I use on the 172 then do the 182 with new map and then want to put back the 172 to standard. Is it possible?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Yep you can do that. But why would you want too?
unlikely I would as the 172 is the track car but the petrol blue 182 , being rare I want to keep standard. Ill see what it's like on the 172 and then consider whether worth doing on the 182.
Which unit do I buy? There seems loads to choose on the order screen. I don't want overrun.

I don’t get why people find it confusing to order one. The options should be this if you want a standard box for a 172 or 182 etc.

Version: RSTuner_Standard
VIN VF1: Clio 2 xBxx
Module: None
Accessories: None

Just check that the second number of your VIN has a B in it

^^This was posted on the previous page;)

Cup, Lude & Z
For me on the Cup it cost...

License is 60 euro roughly £48
Cal is 30 Euro roughly £25

£73 ish and then what ever you pay for the tuner

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Bit of a thread revival here but say I buy a new RS tuner...

I get the 98ron map as standard?
Say if I want to buy the over run map just to try it out for a laugh can I then switch back to the first map? So essentially have the option of both maps whenever I want?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yes but you have to buy both maps separately, I had the overrun map courtesy of another member on here and got annoyed after a few mins of it, it does make a racket, look on youtube at the HD vids of it, you'll soon change your mind, plus you need a decat pipe to runs pops as it will kill it.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Right well bit of an issue with getting myself an RS tuner..As stated above about the e5 petrol we have in Ireland its supposed to be 99 Ron but talking to a few people in the know its reckoned that its more like 97 Ron so probably not the best option :(

Will have to do more research into it