ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS tuner

right im abit stuck atm ive just purchased a 2nd hand rs tuner of here, just im abit unsure on what to do next ? i know i have to purchase a license and the 98 ron map , but im having trouble on what to buy i know i need to go on fast chip but there seems to be all different stuff on there, just wondered if any one has a direct link to which i need to buy for my clio 182 and a link to the 98 ron map
i have tried searching about it but only seems to come up with people asking is it worth doing ect...

thanks

Astra H vxr
When you buy a license have you got to give them any information ?like a previous code or something or do you just buy the license and wait for a reply ? As I bought the license yesterday and got an email from fastchip saying "no unlock code has been given" ? Wasn't sure what that means ?
Thanks

Connect RStuner
Click on rs about logo (top right of the screen)
Click unlock VCI
Take note of the long number (or take a screen shot)
purchase unlock code and at checkout put the long code in order comments. (in your case email henk back with a screen shot or long number with you're name and order number)

Job done

go to sleep and wait

Astra H vxr
Connect RStuner
Click on rs about logo (top right of the screen)
Click unlock VCI
Take note of the long number (or take a screen shot)
purchase unlock code and at checkout put the long code in order comments. (in your case email henk back with a screen shot or long number with you're name and order number)

Job done

go to sleep and wait

Thanks Martin just what I was looking for thanks for your help :)

So do you go here : http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

and then add Bosch ME7 Clio 2 V6 to your basket (€98.00) with your ECU code?

Also when you've unlocked your RSTuner do you then have to buy the 98 RON map (more cost?) or is that free?

What is the link to get the 98 RON map?

I can honestly stay the the Fastchips website, customer support etc. is the most complicated thing I've ever seen!

Last edited:
  Astra H vxr
I'm confused also lol done what as been said above got my unlocking code late last night now I'm stuck lol

Connect Rs tuner to the car etc
RS about
unlock vci
put in code henk sent

Job done, it may ask you to manualy type the vin number in off the car if not don't worry

click read ecu it takes about 20mins to do it make sure the laptop is plugged in and car battery is in good health
click read cal only takes a couple of mins

click ecu info and take a screen shot of software version and calibration version (for example 8000 software 7802)

then order this http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

add it to basket and go to checkout in the order coments box put your order number,software version and calibration into the box and pay up. then send an email to henk with a screen shot of ecu info just incase and also put the order number in the email.

slater/adam i will pm you later.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF
So do you go here : http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

and then add Bosch ME7 Clio 2 V6 to your basket (€98.00) with your ECU code?

Also when you've unlocked your RSTuner do you then have to buy the 98 RON map (more cost?) or is that free?

What is the link to get the 98 RON map?

I can honestly stay the the Fastchips website, customer support etc. is the most complicated thing I've ever seen!

No, for your car it will be the bottom one (Siemens Sirius 313234 Clio 2).

The 98ron map is http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Then you will have to enter software version and stuff in the note so that henk can process your order. You will get all the info you need from the RStuner program when you connect the RStuner to the ECU. If you find the website hard then are you sure its a good idea using RStuner :S

Henk will then send you the required files/code by email. So keep checking them normally he sends these out late at night and don't forget to check your spam folder!

Astra H vxr
when i plug it into the ecu do i need to have internet connection or is there a download im missing lol ?
manage to find the download button thats sorted atm

Last edited:
  Astra H vxr
does any one know how long it takes to get the maps once the 98ron has been bought or given too ?
thanks adam

Astra H vxr
right just a quick question people , i recieved the 98ron map from henk early hours this morning which is

RON 98 performance .cal#

i backed up my ecu and cal files yesterday, so i downloaded the RON 98 performance .cal file and before that i read the precaution write up , so once ive plugged in the rstuner to my ecu and laptop and connected is it just write cal that i have to click and load up the 98 ron cal map ? as someone said load up your ecu first then cal but there isnt any files on loading the ecu henk just said this

1) Read the reprogramming instructions FIRST !
2) Backup your ECU configuration if applicable.
3) Backup your original .cal with the 'read cal' function.

Next apply the RON 98 performance .cal

? just asking to see if ive done it right to be sure ? ive only downloaded the write cal file to my car which is the RON98 performance map?

thanks adam

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've done it but can't remember, got one going on my 197 in the next week or so, so reading with interest!

Astra H vxr
just took my car for a drive up the road and already feels 100xs better then what it whats seems to pick power up very quickly then what it did before and revs abit further round so hopefully its done right :/

Astra H vxr
Car is all done :) thank f**k for that it's confusion lol , last question if a Mate was to use the rs tuner I know he needs a unlocking code from henk , is that all I gotta do to use to he's car as already had the 98ron map for he's 182 ? Or have a still got to send the software version and cal version to henk still as I had to do that when I bought the 98ron map previously or soon as my mate gets the unlock code he can then download mate straight to car after saving current ecu and cal file ?

Unlock code is needed some maps can vary from car to car. 182-182 should be fine but don't hold me too it lol.

Have used my map on a few cars.

Hey Guys

This morning I sent the screenshot to Henk for him to look at and send me the correct maps etc. Currently waiting for a reply........

Will I get two files? One to upgrade my ECU from 8000 to 8200 and a CAL file to go from 7802 to 7804?

Thanks

PS I want the 98RON map

Astra H vxr
Hey Guys

This morning I sent the screenshot to Henk for him to look at and send me the correct maps etc. Currently waiting for a reply........

Will I get two files? One to upgrade my ECU from 8000 to 8200 and a CAL file to go from 7802 to 7804?

Thanks

PS I want the 98RON map
Should have the map by morning ;)

are you going to sell it now you have used it ?
droopy gt has it now who's thread this is , it's he's he let me use it first incase I don't it wrong lol :p

Impreza Wagon
Does the ecu need to be updated to add the 98ron map? I'm going to use a friends 182 files, it's a bit of a con charging for them considering they used to be free!

Hey Guys

Thanks

PS I want the 98RON map

Just got the files from Henk and I was right. I got 2 files. One to upgrade to 8200 and one to upgrade to 7804

OMG its a demon!!

So so so much better, feels so alive, and the red line is amazing!!!

The 98 Ron map I paid for from fastchip is un useable. At first cruise control didn't work, he sent me a revised map, which then made it work but impossible to use. Was stabbing the throttle, and would kick itself out. Henk stopped replying to emails after that. The map itself showed no improvement in driveability. Complete waste if time

5, 19, Integrale, Cupra R
The 98 Ron map I paid for from fastchip is un useable. At first cruise control didn't work, he sent me a revised map, which then made it work but impossible to use. Was stabbing the throttle, and would kick itself out. Henk stopped replying to emails after that. The map itself showed no improvement in driveability. Complete waste if time
Have you still got the rs tuner?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I'm tempted to get one but the whole process just seems so daunting :S

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm tempted to get one but the whole process just seems so daunting :S

I struggle to see how it could be easier really, than read your old one off to keep a backup, then write the new software then write the new cal file.

I think its a fantastically well developed bit of kit that actually manages to let some random punter who knows nothing about cars still manage to change the calibration on their ecu, there isnt much else out there that does it as well or better TBH

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Yesterday I gotten the unlock code and the mapping from Henk. It's fantastic!
So much smoother en balanced. When you change gear the Rev-needle goes a bit slower to 1500 rpm, after that declines just a fast as the normal mapping. Sort of a BMW feeling, the result is that you change gears more smoother and you keep your power.

I really like it and I'm not a fan of extreme modding, it's my daily. So, it's not hardcore. Except for having to fuel ron 98 of V Power, but I don't mind. The unmapped Clio RS also driver a lot better on 98 instead of cheap 95...

A recommendation for all!