ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner

Please make sure the previous (current) owner has it UNLOCKED b4 you buy it 2nd-hand. If you want reprogramming functionality.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Henk, as the Current owner.... How do you actually unlock it? cannot find this info anywhere.
As In unlock for another car?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will be sending you an email later on for my unlock code :). Providing the o2 sensor rectifies the issue. How long does it take to come through?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the old style. I still assume I unlock the tuner and send away the code after buying it that is?

ph2 172
Find the biggest hammer..... or *search function*

Search function = needle/haystack.
What I was asking is if I was the first owner of the tuner and wanted to sell it, I need to just buy an unlock code from you so what would I need to send you to prove I'm the owner! Just the vci code?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate. All sorted, henk was great with the emails etc. looking back like last time, it was really easy

Yozza'd Titanium 182
See i am debating getting one of these but im slightly worried about it messing up my car... not working... and what was that about a lisence ^^^ ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's very straight forward mate. I tend to over think things alot hence all the daft questions. You need a laptop with a decent battery etc and just follow the destructions, be fine.

Very easy to use there's a guide in the guides section I did mine a few months ago and ill be honest best mod I ever did! Mine was locked so what I did was connect it and then go on 'about' there's a section called unlock iirc, send that code henk and he sends you one back ! Iirc any way its all in the guide dummy proof dead easy and amazing difference !

ph2 172
Very easy to use there's a guide in the guides section I did mine a few months ago and ill be honest best mod I ever did! Mine was locked so what I did was connect it and then go on 'about' there's a section called unlock iirc, send that code henk and he sends you one back ! Iirc any way its all in the guide dummy proof dead easy and amazing difference !
I did this last week (well my son did) and got an email from Henk saying it can't be unlocked as its locked to a meg 250. That's what the guy has who I bought it off btw.
So now I'm confused as to how to unlock it.

ph2 172
Just to clarify thIngs and make sure everyone will know including me :)
i bought the tuner off a guy with a Megane 250 so it is locked to that car.
i want to unlock it and map my ph2 172 with the ron98 map.
so to do this I need to buy the megane 250 unlock code and NOT the Clio 2 unlock code.
then the ron98 map for my 172.
Is this right?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just a bit of a general question but it saves me asking via email...

... can these be used as data loggers on any supported ecu without a license?

ph2 172
Always buy secondhand already UNLOCKED by the previous owner as the unlock codes differ in price.

Hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards, Henk

​so I'm not gonna bother with it and sell it on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my second hand and it was locked. I bought the unlock code and jobs a gud un. Mine is the old one so the new one may differ???

I did this last week (well my son did) and got an email from Henk saying it can't be unlocked as its locked to a meg 250. That's what the guy has who I bought it off btw.
So now I'm confused as to how to unlock it.

Ah right well I don't know about that then , mine was locked to a Clio so don't know how to unlock it for a meg :S henk not offer any suggestions?

ph2 172
Ah right well I don't know about that then , mine was locked to a Clio so don't know how to unlock it for a meg :S henk not offer any suggestions?
not really, I sent a copy of my post about "just to clarify things" and got the reply back I posted earlier.
So really none the wiser!