ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS192 exhaust question...

182 FF
Hi all, well it seems the group buy on the RS192 exhaust now has enough paid up for them to dispatch shortly.
I've ordered a cat back system and wondered if anyone knows from experience of these exhausts if they need a gasket or if they come supplied with one?
Pete, who organised the group buy, is sending them an email asking this but just thought I would pop up the question here too in case anyone who has had a RS192 already may know
ta
Michael

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I can't answer your question but have fun getting it all lined up and the tail pipes straight, I've spent hours perfecting mine

182 FF
Pah, how hard can it be!
(tame garage monkey will be doing it for me, and I'll craftily be delivering him a crate of beer tomorrow as a late Xmas treat to keep him sweet for when I bring the exhaust to him a week later)

If your installing it yourself you might need some high temp silicone.

If your old cat to center silencer clamp is nakerd you might need a 69mm clamp, on my phone now but if you want a link ill paste it in later.

182 FF
If your installing it yourself you might need some high temp silicone.

If your old cat to center silencer clamp is nakerd you might need a 69mm clamp, on my phone now but if you want a link ill paste it in later.
Much appreciated!

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Mine came with the cat gasket, not sure about the clamp, this from from the manufacturer, but that was a couple of years ago.

Good luck, not easy to get it to look right.

.....your rear seat passengers will be less impressed!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Nice when they are sat right but mine kept moving about and lengthens a fair bit when warm (not euphemisms)

This is the clamp to join the cat flange to the exhaust center silencer: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150858671941?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I think it will probably come in the exhaust kit though, and even if if it didnt you could probably find it in locally.

I would think everything else will be included apart from the high temp silicone, your fitter should have some anyway.

best to leave all the clamps loose then try to align the pipes as best possible, anything after that is just a simple thick cable tie to pull the exhaust mounts left of right.

Black 182 FF
Mine was just cat back (not decat) so it came with the ratchet type clamps for further back, but as it was cat back I didn't need the gasket for the decat and it didn't come with the clamp in the link above, so I bought one off eBay and the high temp silicone from Halfrauds. The high temp silicone lasts for ages even though it's really small and is really useful for that particular job.

As for lining it up, mine gave me nightmares till I eventually got less concerned about it. The only time mine was almost 100% is when I had the rear hangers tie wrapped, but as that was a bodge I tried and tried to do it without bodging and I eventually came to the conclusion that it couldn't be done on mine. I since repaired the rear clamps using PU sealant and made it so the holes in the hangers sat slightly to the left rather than central and it now sits almost right and I've had the exhaust over four years now IIRC.

clio 182 2004
I have the same exhaust and fitting was a nightmare to get right. Eventually I had the hangers re bent for it to sit right. With the cat on it is fine with the decay I have no hope and one sticks out further than the other. They sound awesome though and sound even better with a 4ft flame haha hope all goes well in fitting.

Full Fat 182
While on the subject of the RS192 with people with knowledge of fitting, do you know if there's a how to guide anywhere? I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself but not fitted a full system before. I did a couple of searches but couldn't find a guide.. guessing there must be one around?

330Ci cab
While on the subject of the RS192 with people with knowledge of fitting, do you know if there's a how to guide anywhere? I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself but not fitted a full system before. I did a couple of searches but couldn't find a guide.. guessing there must be one around?

It's easy, really. Use ramps or axle stands and just unbolt/bolt everything up. Tighten everything when your happy with the alignment.

thing I found most difficult, needed to move the hanger brackets so the boxes would align and sit high enough

Full Fat 182
It's easy, really. Use ramps or axle stands and just unbolt/bolt everything up. Tighten everything when your happy with the alignment.

thing I found most difficult, needed to move the hanger brackets so the boxes would align and sit high enough

Nice one... ok if it's really that straight forward I'll give it a go. One other question... you know the clamp and bolts between the cat and the little bit of pipe running up to the manifold? Are they included with the exhaust or would I need to buy them separate? I can't find a picture of the bit I'm on about.. but the bolts have springs on them? Sorry to be so vague, my mechanical knowledge is pretty limited

Black 182 FF
Nice one... ok if it's really that straight forward I'll give it a go. One other question... you know the clamp and bolts between the cat and the little bit of pipe running up to the manifold? Are they included with the exhaust or would I need to buy them separate? I can't find a picture of the bit I'm on about.. but the bolts have springs on them? Sorry to be so vague, my mechanical knowledge is pretty limited

Its easy to fit, but sometimes a bit awkward to line up getting the rear exits to sit where you want them in the middle of the recesses in the back bumper.

As for the cat fitting kit, it wasn't included in a cat back system as you don't need it, only if you buy a decat. Can't say if it's included with a decat but the kit is cheap enough from eBay anyway.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I think one of the problems I found with RS192 was that the stretcher bar that goes between the rear of the back boxes was slightly too short and the pipe centre-centre does not match the bumper cut-outs, from memory probably only by 5-10mm but with the pipes tight up to the cut-outs it does show, once they start to sag - and it doesn't take long, it doesn't show much.
I also moved one of the plates that the hanger brackets attach to a smidgen as these can be removed from the body, it helped a little but not really worth the effort.

330Ci cab

iirc all the clamps came in the kit, BUT that cat one you might want to get another from an auto factors just in case, cost about £2.

I think one of the problems I found with RS192 was that the stretcher bar that goes between the rear of the back boxes was slightly too short and the pipe centre-centre does not match the bumper cut-outs, from memory probably only by 5-10mm but with the pipes tight up to the cut-outs it does show, once they start to sag - and it doesn't take long, it doesn't show much.
I also moved one of the plates that the hanger brackets attach to a smidgen as these can be removed from the body, it helped a little but not really worth the effort.

This was probably the most annoying bit. Have a look at my previous thread when I had mine, I'm sure I've posted some pics of it once it was on. It's mainly a case of persevere with it. Moving one of the 2 brackets helps, I think I moved the n/s one

Ex 182 owner
Hi folks, About to do mine on the drive..lol
idiot question. is anything other than the t-bolt clamps needed to hold the slotted sections so they seal? or do you need a dab of silicon on these aswell? I know the cat to centre needs it.

Cheers
Chris