ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 Inlet Ebay?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Since having inlet and mapping took it out twice and now car feels bogged down esp changing from 3rd to 4th at 30-35mph,big lag and feels like choked :unamused:.Not sure whats going on but was not there before.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Only driven twice for short periods when car was back,it bogs down in third to fourth mate really annoying at low speed done this twice this week

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
rest of driving is fine through gears,3rd into fourth lags like its holding back boot it then it picks up.This is when the car is warmed up after say 20 mins

Trader Rating - 75%
3   1   0
But has it only happened since changing the filter? You've changed what I mapped the car to, the system like this is all tuned to work together. It'll have played around with the adaptions if it's flowing differently. Which'll basically mean that the mapping I've done will not be suited to the cars setup now.

Trader Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Yes. See if that solves it. Considering I drove the car for 100+ miles before dropping it off to you and no issues atall like this, you drove it with no issues, and now you've changed the filter you're getting issues relating to fuelling.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is this specific to the clio then? as over the years ive read people swapping filters and induction kits over with zero impact on the car. I have done it on various cars.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I would hope the ecu would know how to compensate....it does that for temp and pressure too doesn't it....
Anyway...my experience with the same filter shows it totally depends on the engine....
Possibly, depends on how clever the ecu is i guess, personally, i prefer to have it all done, then not bugger about with it.

My was originally mapped with a s/c belt that had done 10k miles, i fitted a new belt, which was clearly alot tighter, the car produced more boost and the maps fueling was off, so it starting melting spark plugs. This was only apparent at high revs/track usage, not in normal day to day driving.

Trader Rating - 75%
3   1   0
The ecu can compensate for minor changes, but with a system such as the RS2 that's tuned for the setup as it is (speaking with Tom and James, they have informed me the filter supplied was chosen for a reason) it will be a lot more sensitive to any changes.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ad1982 have you got a link to where i can buy the pipercross filter as i have enclosed k&n style with a direct cold air feed on at the moment just think it would be best to have both types of filter when i take it to get mapped at rs so i can get the best results. Thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Ad1982 have you got a link to where i can buy the pipercross filter as i have enclosed k&n style with a direct cold air feed on at the moment just think it would be best to have both types of filter when i take it to get mapped at rs so i can get the best results. Thanks
Hi mate not a problem its the pipercross c0171 that came with the original rs2 hope this helps.I have looked on ebay none on there pipercross own web has them in stock Thanks Al

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 trophy
so final verdict is it worth the money for this? and does it work or any mods to get it fitted?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
so final verdict is it worth the money for this? and does it work or any mods to get it fitted?
Yes the inlet is fantastic tbh,the way it transforms the delivery of the power etc has much more grunt mid range and top end with mine,not sure if it is because i went with the 50mm extra runners.Go for it if it was crap or i noticed no difference I would say.Also the noise is very nice esp in the higher rev bandhope this helps

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 trophy
Yes the inlet is fantastic tbh,the way it transforms the delivery of the power etc has much more grunt mid range and top end with mine,not sure if it is because i went with the 50mm extra runners.Go for it if it was crap or i noticed no difference I would say.Also the noise is very nice esp in the higher rev bandhope this helps
Cheers .. think after christmas al buy myself one. what you mean 50mm extra runners?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
RS2 Extra kit bigger extensions on the inlet but needs bonnet catches and smaller rad etc.Just get the standard rs2 mate and enjoy it

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ok bit of an update on this as its gone off track a bit
I have been running my inlet (turkish) with a k & n shielded filter with a direct cold feed inlet from a foglight duct so as to eliminate heatsoak. I bought the filter second hand and foolishly didnt clean it first as i was pushed for time when fitting the inlet. Anyway although i did notice a marked improvement on pickup compared to standard setup it wasnt great so i was just hoping it needed mapping. I had a some time today and was thinking the filter set up wasnt great looking at it so to start with i took it apart and the filter was absolutley caked in oil and shite i held it up to the light and could hardly see anything! So one good wash later i put it back on the car without the shield and the cold air duct directed towards it. Took it out for a spin and the car is pulling so much better picks up really well and feels like its got a lot more tourqe. So after all the s**t its been getting i have a renewed hope its going to be ok especially once its mapped on the 23rd. Iam also going to fit larger foam pipercross style filter as the k&n is a bit small 20151113_191644-1024x576.jpg and just leave the inlet duct.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
Better with my mums tights (MMT induction kit) on there for filtration.

You shouldn't see through a good filter much at all holding it to a light.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Yea there is no doubt the filter
Is crap I have ordered I foam style pipercross filter so I will report back once this in on the car and hopefully there will be more of an improvement