ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RSPez RB 182

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Great project! Where'd you get those exhaust mount inserts from? I've replaced mine but they've started sagging and crumpling again within six months..

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Great project! Where'd you get those exhaust mount inserts from? I've replaced mine but they've started sagging and crumpling again within six months..
Thanks. They are from cam racing :)

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah thanks, found them!

But exhaust still isn't sitting straight I understand? Were they easy to push in the mounts?

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Ah thanks, found them!

But exhaust still isn't sitting straight I understand? Were they easy to push in the mounts?
Yeah exhaust isn't straight still.
I think it's the actual exhaust it self if I'm honest. Don't think many sit straight.

Really easy to fit but once there in the take a bit to pull back out they are a great bit of kit. I had my mounts aqua blasted then I painted them with buzz weld. :)

Pez

Reactions: MLB

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Car had its MOT yesterday.

Iv taken it a bit earlier than due for a pre check to see if it needed anything and told them if not just to out it though.

It passed with flying colours and no issues to look into.

I will have only done 4630 miles since I bought the car a year ago.

It's Definitely in need of a good old clean that's for sure.

Pez

P.S.
IV renewed my Clio membership but don't have access to some areas (For sale page ect)

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats on passing the MOT, good feeling when it passes without problems!

You're not showing as a member to me either, might take up to 24 hours? Not sure though.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Congrats on passing the MOT, good feeling when it passes without problems!

You're not showing as a member to me either, might take up to 24 hours? Not sure though.
Thanks bud it's a great feeling :)

I have a receipt for my renewal payment on the 2nd IL leave it a few days see what happens.

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Done a few things this past few days.

I wanted to check the drainage holes as my window keeps steaming up.

So I bought a lazer wiper removal tool.
Even with that what a s**t job.....
Especially the passenger side which i tackled first as I heard it was a ball ache.

Screenshot_20200119-152510~2.png

Unfortunately it got to the point where I could actually grip the black turning devise on the wiper removal and it was really hurting my hands, I tried rubber gloves and a towel but it wasn't having it.

I was trying to find somthing like an oil filter removal tool to wrap around but went one better and used my belt.
Once wrapped around the two buckle bars fitted in to the grooves of the black hand turner wedging the leather of the belt in which made it grip and made easy work of getting it off. Hopefully you can see what iv done below.

Screenshot_20200117-212925~2.png

Once arms were off I took the scuttle out and washed it in the bath with some Feynlab. Rinsed and dried it with the Mrs hairdryer so I could apply some C4 Plastic restorer.
That was left over night to cure as it has a 12 hour cure time.

IMG_20200117_211638.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-153509~2.png

Unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures of it before and after but the after results made a huge difference and IL be doing the rest of the plastics at some point too.

I also removed wiper arms and washer bottle and checked/Cleaned them and underneath them. Didn't remove the heaterbox but cleaned the bits I could see and managed to see enough to check the drainage hole.
I even did the secret middle hole that alot of people forget apparently because let's face it, what a stupid place to put one.

Another little job IV done is change my side lights as the LED ones I had in when I bought the car were flickering.
Replaced them with some Osram LED's.

Safe to say they needed doing.
IMG_20200119_114528.jpg

New ones.
IMG_20200119_110532.jpg

There a pretty good colour match to the projector lights but my god what a pain in the arse to get them out.
Now I have small hands and struggled so for you guys/girls with bigger hands good luck.

Hopefully another update soon.
Speak soon

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
update.

IV taken the plunge and bought some KTec engine mounts, they came last week.

Today I tried to fit them, well the gearbox one as I knew it was going to be a pain in the arse.
And it was, the mount dose not fit over the gearbox pin correctly and I have been talking to KTec most of the day.

Here are some Photos.

IMG_20200212_120818.jpg
IMG_20200212_120908.jpg
IMG_20200212_120557.jpg

As you can see from.the thrid picture the new mount will not fit over the hex on the gearbox pin. But also the washer type part won't go far enough down in the first picture.

Ktec are ringing me tomorrow as they think that the gearbox pin is incorrect.

IMG_20200212_140629.jpg

So IV had to out it all back together tonight as I need the car tomorrow.

I'm really cheesed off if I'm honest.
Everything I try and do with this car to make it better seems to turn in to an issue and I'm starting to get disheartened by it.

It runs great, it's nippy enough and looks good, I just want to make it better.

Maybe I should sell it tho.

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Update on gearbox mount.

So after chatting with KTec some more and a close friend of mine who works at a garage and deals with TVR builds I decided to use a small socket to bang the mount over the pin.

It's gone on and it's all back together gearbox side. Drivers side is easy and was done with in about 10 mins.

Had a quick drive and can confirm the vibrations are a little bit more but not much more than before and I'm sure it will settle a bit in a few days
Gear change feels more direct and changing down is much better for revmatching.

Need to collect a few bits for my next part on my puzzle.

Till then
Pez

Reactions: 0ss

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Next is Belts.
I will hopefully do a few other bits at the same time. The rocker needs taking off and resealing as I have a tiny leak somewhere.

It was tight and maybe I was being over cautious, Reason being is a asked before hand if it was direct fit and they said yes.
But it's all sorted now and that's the main thing. They have been very helpful to be honest.

Pez

Dr Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah the big one. But then it's good for 5 years again. I have the same this year. You doing dephaser and water pump too?

Good to know ktec was helpful with nice customer service. Makes you want to use them again with stuff like that.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Yeah it's the big one.
Yeah I will do the lot while it's apart.
Might as well.
I would love to put some 197 cams in but I really can't afford to so it, may just be group N timing at some point depending on if I can do at a later date after the belts.

Yeah I will go back to them if they have somthing o need again.

I have a lot of ideas on what I want to do but it's if I can execute them or not.

Pez