ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSPez RB 182

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Great project! Where'd you get those exhaust mount inserts from? I've replaced mine but they've started sagging and crumpling again within six months..

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Great project! Where'd you get those exhaust mount inserts from? I've replaced mine but they've started sagging and crumpling again within six months..

Thanks. They are from cam racing :)

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah thanks, found them!

But exhaust still isn't sitting straight I understand? Were they easy to push in the mounts?

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Ah thanks, found them!

But exhaust still isn't sitting straight I understand? Were they easy to push in the mounts?

Yeah exhaust isn't straight still.
I think it's the actual exhaust it self if I'm honest. Don't think many sit straight.

Really easy to fit but once there in the take a bit to pull back out they are a great bit of kit. I had my mounts aqua blasted then I painted them with buzz weld. :)

Pez

Reactions: MLB

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Car had its MOT yesterday.

Iv taken it a bit earlier than due for a pre check to see if it needed anything and told them if not just to out it though.

It passed with flying colours and no issues to look into.

I will have only done 4630 miles since I bought the car a year ago.

It's Definitely in need of a good old clean that's for sure.

Pez

P.S.
IV renewed my Clio membership but don't have access to some areas (For sale page ect)

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats on passing the MOT, good feeling when it passes without problems!

You're not showing as a member to me either, might take up to 24 hours? Not sure though.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Congrats on passing the MOT, good feeling when it passes without problems!

You're not showing as a member to me either, might take up to 24 hours? Not sure though.

Thanks bud it's a great feeling :)

I have a receipt for my renewal payment on the 2nd IL leave it a few days see what happens.

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Done a few things this past few days.

I wanted to check the drainage holes as my window keeps steaming up.

So I bought a lazer wiper removal tool.
Even with that what a s**t job.....
Especially the passenger side which i tackled first as I heard it was a ball ache.

Screenshot_20200119-152510~2.png

Unfortunately it got to the point where I could actually grip the black turning devise on the wiper removal and it was really hurting my hands, I tried rubber gloves and a towel but it wasn't having it.

I was trying to find somthing like an oil filter removal tool to wrap around but went one better and used my belt.
Once wrapped around the two buckle bars fitted in to the grooves of the black hand turner wedging the leather of the belt in which made it grip and made easy work of getting it off. Hopefully you can see what iv done below.

Screenshot_20200117-212925~2.png

Once arms were off I took the scuttle out and washed it in the bath with some Feynlab. Rinsed and dried it with the Mrs hairdryer so I could apply some C4 Plastic restorer.
That was left over night to cure as it has a 12 hour cure time.

IMG_20200117_211638.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-153509~2.png

Unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures of it before and after but the after results made a huge difference and IL be doing the rest of the plastics at some point too.

I also removed wiper arms and washer bottle and checked/Cleaned them and underneath them. Didn't remove the heaterbox but cleaned the bits I could see and managed to see enough to check the drainage hole.
I even did the secret middle hole that alot of people forget apparently because let's face it, what a stupid place to put one.

Another little job IV done is change my side lights as the LED ones I had in when I bought the car were flickering.
Replaced them with some Osram LED's.

Safe to say they needed doing.
IMG_20200119_114528.jpg

New ones.
IMG_20200119_110532.jpg

There a pretty good colour match to the projector lights but my god what a pain in the arse to get them out.
Now I have small hands and struggled so for you guys/girls with bigger hands good luck.

Hopefully another update soon.
Speak soon

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
update.

IV taken the plunge and bought some KTec engine mounts, they came last week.

Today I tried to fit them, well the gearbox one as I knew it was going to be a pain in the arse.
And it was, the mount dose not fit over the gearbox pin correctly and I have been talking to KTec most of the day.

Here are some Photos.

IMG_20200212_120818.jpg
IMG_20200212_120908.jpg
IMG_20200212_120557.jpg

As you can see from.the thrid picture the new mount will not fit over the hex on the gearbox pin. But also the washer type part won't go far enough down in the first picture.

Ktec are ringing me tomorrow as they think that the gearbox pin is incorrect.

IMG_20200212_140629.jpg

So IV had to out it all back together tonight as I need the car tomorrow.

I'm really cheesed off if I'm honest.
Everything I try and do with this car to make it better seems to turn in to an issue and I'm starting to get disheartened by it.

It runs great, it's nippy enough and looks good, I just want to make it better.

Maybe I should sell it tho.

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Update on gearbox mount.

So after chatting with KTec some more and a close friend of mine who works at a garage and deals with TVR builds I decided to use a small socket to bang the mount over the pin.

It's gone on and it's all back together gearbox side. Drivers side is easy and was done with in about 10 mins.

Had a quick drive and can confirm the vibrations are a little bit more but not much more than before and I'm sure it will settle a bit in a few days
Gear change feels more direct and changing down is much better for revmatching.

Need to collect a few bits for my next part on my puzzle.

Till then
Pez

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What's the next part?

Glad you sorted the mount issue. Was you just being ti cautious then or do you actually have a different/pattern part gearbox bolt?

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Next is Belts.
I will hopefully do a few other bits at the same time. The rocker needs taking off and resealing as I have a tiny leak somewhere.

It was tight and maybe I was being over cautious, Reason being is a asked before hand if it was direct fit and they said yes.
But it's all sorted now and that's the main thing. They have been very helpful to be honest.

Pez

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah the big one. But then it's good for 5 years again. I have the same this year. You doing dephaser and water pump too?

Good to know ktec was helpful with nice customer service. Makes you want to use them again with stuff like that.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Yeah it's the big one.
Yeah I will do the lot while it's apart.
Might as well.
I would love to put some 197 cams in but I really can't afford to so it, may just be group N timing at some point depending on if I can do at a later date after the belts.

Yeah I will go back to them if they have somthing o need again.

I have a lot of ideas on what I want to do but it's if I can execute them or not.

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
A few bits being sent off to Max at M.S customs today for port matching/Flowing and paint.

Give the engine bay a bit more of a tidy up.

Has anyone used the PTFE gaskets?
It's more for the reason of them being reusable and if it knocks the heat down a bit then bonus.

Pez

received_218371979557912.jpeg

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
TLDR sorry about that but it is a long one.

First of all I hope you are all well including your family's in this difficult time.
I will be continuing to work as I work in a hospital theatre so will be in the thick of it.

With some time off before all this kicks off hugely at our trust I have manged to get a few things done to the car.

IV manged to give it a decent wash, and treated the majority of plastics to some descent protection. Unfortunately I run out of the application pads so have left the front end.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200327134920326.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200327134856297.jpg

Scrubs up well for a 15 year old car.
Just over 77k on the clock.
There is however a few spots of rust around the rear arch and under the fuel cap which will need sorting soon.
No pictures as it brakes my heart.

IV replaced the middle exhaust mount
And am looking to do the little one by the rear axle as that's seen better days and the Rubbers look a tad tired.

I picked up some Washer blanks a few months back and still haven't got them done but there here and I keep seeing them so will sort that soon.

IMG_20200328_113145.jpg

No the fun bit:
The bits I sent off to Max at MS custom engineering have come back.
I'm really pleased with the results to say the least.
He's a top bloke and his customer service is A1.
I was going for black but changed my mind at last min and went for Anthracite.

Work done as well as the colour change is
Port matched and flowed inlets and throttle body.

IMG_20200328_105304.jpg

IMG_20200328_110732.jpg

IMG_20200328_110857.jpg

IMG_20200328_111633.jpg

IMG_20200328_111723.jpg

Also I picked up some PTFE gaskets and a new manifold to rocker Gasket.

IMG_20200328_111501.jpg

IMG_20200328_112848.jpg

Won't be fitting these for the time being as I need to have my rocker resealed when the belts get done (who knows when that will be now) but will give me a chance to get some 197 cams and sort out money for the timing and map to be done

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Hi all

Hope your all keeping well.

Lockdown is going pretty well really I have been trying to do little things on the car which dosnt really cost money but slowly running out.
I am a key worker (Work in a theatre at the hospital) so not taking things apart as I need the car to get the work.

I really hate the Team Dynamics center caps they are almost an after thought and are bulky and ugly.
I bought some Renault ones to replace them, they were to small but with a bit of modding I have manged to get them to fit and they haven't come out yet.
In my opinion they look a lot more sleek and sit more flush in the wheel.

Before:
IMG_20200411_140112.jpg

IMG_20200411_140109.jpg

After:

IMG_20200411_140035.jpg
IMG_20200411_140030.jpg

Next little thing was the replacing the cabin filter. It's been on the shelf for ages and IV just not given it a thought until I seen someone else had done there's on a video.

IMG_20200413_123619.jpg

IMG_20200413_123637.jpg

Looks like it's Done its job well :)

IV washed the car over the last few weeks and towards the end of the week I have some time off and will wash it again but do the whole De tar/Clay/wax/ seal process.
Unfortunately I don't own a DA and have no experience in using one so maybe at some point this year I will buy one and get an old bonnet to teach my self how to use it.

Questions for you cleaver lot:

As above you can see my wheel nuts are looking a bit grim. So is it better to replace them for new and put some cap covers on or
Put some cap covers on what I have as I want to do a stud and but conversion later on down the line?

Dose anyone have any links for some decent nut covers?

Thanks
Pez

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If your going to do a stud and nut kid, why not just leave the covers for now?

Also, using a DA is easy, especially after watching some YouTube videos. Clean your car have a decent starter kit and is great for beginners.

Center caps look a nice touch and better than the bulky TD ones. Like you say, seems like a after thought with the TD caps.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
If your going to do a stud and nut kid, why not just leave the covers for now?

Also, using a DA is easy, especially after watching some YouTube videos. Clean your car have a decent starter kit and is great for beginners.

Center caps look a nice touch and better than the bulky TD ones. Like you say, seems like a after thought with the TD caps.

Thanks for you kind words Mark.
I will have a look at that link now.

I will order some caps tonight they freshen it up for the cost of a few quid :)

Pez

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah very true, they are cheap. If you was to be changing bolts to studs then definitely leave it, but caps like you say, are cheap.

Theres other Das-6 polishers out there, but just depends what deal works best for you. Theres plenty of help on the detailing section on here. Most go with Menzerna products to get them started. I only DA'd 2 years ago (ish) and learnt a lot since then from here. No need to buy another panel, as the beauty of a DA means you'll be hard pushed to ruin the paint, eve for a 1st timer.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Hi all.

Considering all the time we have had I decided to do a full clean on the car.

This consisted on

Body:
Rinse
Snow foam
Wash Feynlab
Ferrum
Rinse
Wash
Clay with soapy water.
Blacklight
Feynlab detailer/seal

Wheels:
Rinse
Snow foam
Wash
Furrem
Rinse
Brake away
Wash
Rinse.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1587022156458_6656453378922881554.jpeg

IMG_20200416_085118.jpg

IMG_20200416_085125.jpg

IMG_20200416_102550.jpg

IMG_20200416_193953.jpg

IMG_20200416_194056.jpg

Nut caps also turned up so they are now on. Think they were £6 posted and looks loads better for the time being.

received_990334468034974.jpeg

IMG_20200416_140548.jpg

Went to pick mum's dog up yesterday as she was in work, absolutely loved every second of it even tho it was only 32miles round trip but it's twisty B road.

received_310113316621419.jpeg

Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Hi all.
Hopefully your all well.

Still not had the belts done but iv swapped over all bits that were sent to MS customs apart from one part (The rear upper cam cover).

I will ask for this bit to be fitted when the belts get done.
I mentioned that I had an oil leak coming from the seal on the rocker cover in previous posts.

While the inlet was off i had a bit of a tidy and found out it was actaully a rocker bolt, I have sorted that now with some thread lock.
( I really want to have the rocker painted the same colour as the inlet)
I am also going to replace the Dephaser seal when belts are done.

Screenshot_20200521-173712~2.png

Screenshot_20200521-173728~2.png

I have also just got my hands on a 172 cup alternator,Power steering pump and both brackets. So I can do an air cone delete.

Screenshot_20200521-174246~2.png

Unfortunately a small corner has chipped off in transit so I try get that glued back in to place before they go off for cleaning and paint.

Screenshot_20200521-174445~2.png

Any way Back to the inlets.
I'm happy with how they have come out and the car feels more responsive not that it wasn't anyway.
Just trying to do little bits where I can and as money allows at the moment .

That's it for now.

IMG_20200521_163532.jpg

Take care all.
Pez

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Hi all.

Hope your all well.
Thought I would update this thread.
I still have the car but it's been tucked up in the Garage for a while best part of a 10 months I would think.
In this time I started to do a few little bits and it's got a bit out of hand and now I have a Garage full of bits.

I have an idea in my head of what I am doing but need a bit of help.

As it's mainly going to be a fast road car I'm thinking of just putting normal normal wishbones on instead of the pure motorsport strengthened ones.

I'm also looking at Polybushing the front ARB and rack. Would Black series be to harsh?

Thanks
Pez

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I have purple arb bushes and black steering rack and wishbone and it's fine. I did buy black arb ones but then found out it already had purple ones fitted. All black will be fine.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Thanks Both.
That's great.

Do you know what sizes I need as i believe there are different sizes for the inner and outer ARB.

Pez