ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner ABS bleed

2003 Clio 172
Hi, quickie....

Can anyone confirm or deny that clicking the "Run ABS Pump" or "bleed xx caliper" in the ABS module of the RSTuner should result in a noise.....or an abs fart.....or something?

J

Clio 182
Yes. The first selection I tried was the "Run ABS Pump" - it ran for 15s at a guess. Clearly audible while sitting in the driver's seat (with door and bonnet open). When I opened the Rear RH caliper's bleeder, selected "Rear RH caliper" and pressed "Bleed" I only got an error message: "An error occurred during the bleed procedure". Tried a couple of times more; same result.
I turned everything off, came back later and reconnected and was able to do the RRH caliper successfully - twice. The pump ran for about 40s each time while I slowly pressed the pedal down a few times. The pedal buzzed when I applied foot pressure, ie std ABS behaviour.
Since then I cannot go further - just keep getting that error message no matter what I try. I will try again tomorrow and check battery voltage.
There may be something flakey about my car as the Network Check is slow to find the ABS computer - and even did not find it at all when I first connected to RSTuner to unlock it. That generated a Renault error code but it has not come back since clearing it.

clio 182 cup
Yes. The first selection I tried was the "Run ABS Pump" - it ran for 15s at a guess. Clearly audible while sitting in the driver's seat (with door and bonnet open). When I opened the Rear RH caliper's bleeder, selected "Rear RH caliper" and pressed "Bleed" I only got an error message: "An error occurred during the bleed procedure". Tried a couple of times more; same result.
I turned everything off, came back later and reconnected and was able to do the RRH caliper successfully - twice. The pump ran for about 40s each time while I slowly pressed the pedal down a few times. The pedal buzzed when I applied foot pressure, ie std ABS behaviour.
Since then I cannot go further - just keep getting that error message no matter what I try. I will try again tomorrow and check battery voltage.
There may be something flakey about my car as the Network Check is slow to find the ABS computer - and even did not find it at all when I first connected to RSTuner to unlock it. That generated a Renault error code but it has not come back since clearing it.

clio 182 cup

clio 182 cup
did you ever finf out why you were getting the error message on your rstuner abs bleeding cycle?
i am getting the same error codes, can you help?

Clio 182
Hi Steve,
only in the last week have I confirmed that the problem has been resolved by Henk - so I have run through the whole bleed cycle for all four brakes and pumped fresh fluid through the ABS pump and valving. This was using a beta version of RSTuner that Henk developed, based on the debug logs I sent him. I don't know whether Henk wants to give it to more people to try before general release - just ask him, or maybe he will reply here.

RenaultSport Clio 182
I did mine a couple of weeks ago and had this issue. It worked for me if I entered the bleed procedure pop-up window, then clicked 'Activate ABS pump' then as soon as the procedure ended (when the noise stopped) clicked the 'bleed brake' button for whichever corner.
To do the next one I had to exit the window, go back in and start again.
Strange, but it worked for me. Brakes are better than ever now.

clio 182 cup
Hi Steve,
only in the last week have I confirmed that the problem has been resolved by Henk - so I have run through the whole bleed cycle for all four brakes and pumped fresh fluid through the ABS pump and valving. This was using a beta version of RSTuner that Henk developed, based on the debug logs I sent him. I don't know whether Henk wants to give it to more people to try before general release - just ask him, or maybe he will reply here.
Ricdat,
thanks for reply, have received beta version from henk and have used it to reasonably successfully bleed brakes. I'm still convinced there is a small amount of air somewhere. Whats this about bleeding the pump? Should i be pressing the pump button on the laptop then press the brake pedal? I assumed that the pump would be bled as part of the bleed cycle?
thanks for any advice!
Steve

Clio 182
No, I only mentioned the pump button to make it clear that I had tested the button. I never had any air in the system, I only wanted to flush out old fluid and replace with new. The bleed procedure is to first do a conventional bleed, followed by using RSTuner with the four brake buttons to flush the ABS circuits (including the pump). Attached are two files - one from Henk and the other from Renault - that give the same procedure.

Attachments

• ABS_Bleeding_the_brake_circuit.pdf
    136.2 KB · Views: 721
  • Clio_Brakes_ABS_TN.3588A_-_XBXX.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 968
  Clio 182
If you do get air into the system, maybe it is difficult to get out - depending on where the air is trapped. You may have more success with a pressure bleeder. (This is only general info - I have no experience with Clios).

clio 182 cup
Thanks for your help. I'm going to alternate between the normal bleeding and control circuit bleeding as the Renault instructions recommend. Patience and plenty of fluid will cure it!
Cheers,
Steve

Clio Sport 182
Hi, quickie....

Can anyone confirm or deny that clicking the "Run ABS Pump" or "bleed xx caliper" in the ABS module of the RSTuner should result in a noise.....or an abs fart.....or something?

J
I struggled to get mine to work. I tried a combination of the sequences. It seemed to make the abs pump hum/buzz for a few seconds but then threw up errors straight after when trying a calliper. I contacted RS Tuner twice about how to get the instructions and they just pointed me to the online manual. But I can't find it anywhere in there.
In the end I just used my Ez bleed kit and got the abs pump to buzz a couple of times after closing calliper nipple and then bleed again for a few seconds to check no bubbles.
Brakes seem ok, just a shame the ABS add on didn't seem to work properly.
Good luck
PS if anyone finds the correct instructions for this please share. Thanks

Clio 182
The instructions are attached just 3 posts above yours. For me the procedure and RSTuner worked perfectly - but only after Henk (FastChip/RSTuner) sent me a beta version of RSTuner (that I assume was only recently developed). Just go to https://www.fastchip.nl/ and either Submit ticket or Leave a message.

Clio Sport 182
The instructions are attached just 3 posts above yours. For me the procedure and RSTuner worked perfectly - but only after Henk (FastChip/RSTuner) sent me a beta version of RSTuner (that I assume was only recently developed). Just go to https://www.fastchip.nl/ and either Submit ticket or Leave a message.
Doh, saw that attachment just after I had posted. Thanks

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I have this issue currently , allows me to bleed right rear but comes up.with an error if i try any others