ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rstuner performance result!!

phase 1 clio 172
results from 3rd gear pull are 102.84 kw 168 nm torq and 33kw drag

what is the drag bit?

can some one please tell me and convert to bhp at wheels and engine please, hopefully the drag is supposed to be added into it as 102 is pretty low, thats with 98ron map

Range Rover Sport
at the wheels or flywheel, are you adding the 33kw of drag into that?

I don't know where the 33kw has come from?

Usually people calculate FWD cars at 17% transmission loss.

So if the figure is calculated at the engine -17% to get your WHP.

33kW = 22hp converting it?!?

phase 1 clio 172
33kw of drag, thats a dam s**t figure then, as i have a phase 1 172 with
4 branch manifold aftermarket
decat
mongoose system
182 inlet
98ron map
94k on the clock

how disapointing!! feel quick as f*uck tho

Range Rover Sport
At best I can only calculate it to 161-162bhp.

If that's correct, that's what I'd expect from an OEM engine.

Range Rover Sport
Can't see either manifold aiding power gains.

Have you any engine lights on? What fuel do you use when was it last serviced?

phase 1 clio 172
i have just fitted 4 new ngk r plugs, new leads and coilpack, new lambda sensor, not done the oil yet tho, i also use either bp ultimate or tesco momentum. and no fault at all according to rstuner

phase 1 clio 172
Aerodynamics

PA takes into account aerodynamic drag when calculating engine performance. Vehicle drag co-efficient and frontal area are the parameters required to calculate power lost to aerodynamic drag. These parameters are known by RSTuner after connection to the vehicle.

How does the PA compare to a chassis dynamometer?

PA gives real world performance figures in power at the wheels. Not a single correction is made during calculation of the result. This is the power that the vehicle is putting down onto the road, plain & simple.
Every chassis dynamometer is different with different cooling setups. Therefore results will vary amongst different dyno’s.

If it's at the wheels it's a good figure.

Clio 172 Cup
I might give this a go at some point on the RS tuner.. Do you just select the power graph and drive from 3rd to the limiter?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Surely the onboard performance thing isn't gonna be massively accurate? Get it on the rollers before you start getting upset

phase 1 clio 172
im not upset just had hi hopes i guess seeing as i already have
decat
mongoose system
182 inlet
98ron map

but i guess none of that seems to make a difference as iv seen other on here getting 156bhp with just a filter and exhaust not including a remap and that at the wheels

Surely the onboard performance thing isn't gonna be massively accurate? Get it on the rollers before you start getting upset

Range Rover Sport

I think it's an approx but less likely to be as accurate as a 'rolling road' although they are not 100% accurate either.

If it feels quick on the road and everything is good, happy days!

Range Rover Sport
i have no idea what manifold it is tbh but it has some nice welds on it, doesnt look cheap, i was hoping for somewhere between 155-160 at the wheels with what i have

You were expecting ~190bhp at the engine with those modifications?

Thats what some people get with specific map/cams package. I've even saw some ITB hit around that figure too.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
4 branch manifold aftermarket -There is nothing restrictive about the standard exhaust manifold. In my honest opinion... Pointless upgrade.
decat - will help the engine expel gasses, not going to gain much power.
mongoose system - minimal gains at best.
182 inlet - again, will help engine breath, but not a huge difference.
98ron map - debatable.
94k on the clock

how disapointing!! feel quick as f*uck tho - This is the most important thing, if it feels quick... who cares what the figures are?

^

yeh that wont happen, if it feel fast thats the most important thing

They generally dont start off with the power they should anyway, chasing figures unless spending big money is pointless imo.

Range Rover Sport
right so just enjoy for what it is then!!! lesson learned

Exactly, if it feels quick on the road don't chase figure as you'll never be happy.

There is not much you can do to the 172 without spending ££££ which actually give real world difference.

Ported inlets
V6 airbox
98 Ron map
Exhaust & decat

is the usual modifications that get around the 170-175bhp figure.

After that it's cams - RS2 inlet - ITB - Supercharger/Turbo.

phase 1 clio 172
V6 airbox
98 Ron map
Exhaust & decat

Exactly, if it feels quick on the road don't chase figure as you'll never be happy.

There red is not much you can do to the 172 without spending ££££ which actually give real world difference.

Ported inlets
V6 airbox....?? espace or clio v6?
98 Ron map....i have
Exhaust & decat...i have

phase 1 clio 172
V6 airbox....clio or espace??
98 Ron map.... i already have
Exhaust & decat....i already have

There is not much you can do to the 172 without spending ££££ which actually give real world difference.

Ported inlets
V6 airbox
98 Ron map
Exhaust & decat

After that it's cams - RS2 inlet - ITB - Supercharger/Turbo.

Range Rover Sport
Either. Ported inlet will not give you 10+bhp however will help the clio breath more efficiently.

I'd just be happy with what you have.

Range Rover Sport
ok. is the bigger v6 filter worth it?

I've got a better question?

Is it worth spending ££££'s on the car to increase the power (or) start off with a more powerful car...

Putting that aside, my Ph1 airbox for (£50) was a nice little upgrade however others have said opposite.

phase 1 clio 172
we both know the answer to that :)

I've got a better question?

Is it worth spending ££££'s on the car to increase the power (or) start off with a more powerful car...

Putting that aside, my Ph1 airbox for (£50) was a nice little upgrade however others have said opposite.

R26
decat
mongoose system
182 inlet
98ron map
94k on the clock

how disapointing!! feel quick as f*uck tho

but i also have
decat
mongoose system
182 inlet
98ron map

im not upset just had hi hopes i guess seeing as i already have
decat
mongoose system
182 inlet
98ron map

but i guess none of that seems to make a difference as iv seen other on here getting 156bhp with just a filter and exhaust not including a remap and that at the wheels

V6 airbox....clio or espace??
98 Ron map.... i already have
Exhaust & decat....i already have

I hadn't quite noticed, could you clear up what mods you've got?