ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner weird thing

RenaultSport clio 182
today i've connected the RSTuner to my car and noticed something weird, i've noticed that the throttle position is not going beyond 78% while im flooring it, i think it should be 100%, am i correct ?

one more thing, can anyone plz give me thier power and torque numbers taken from RSTuner so i can compare it to my car, and list the mods also :)

RSC 182 Cup
Henk, is that a "software error" (/ badly adjusted position sensor on the TB) or is it actually a case of the throttle butterfly not opening fully?

RenaultSport clio 182
how come it's normal henk ?
I am flooring the pedal and the butterfly won't open fully ?
why is that normal ?

Clio Sport 172 ph1
elba7rini
You can always weight Your car on a scrap yard :) I did it :)
RS Tuner shows the power at the wheels so 181bph would be massive ;)

From what I've heard, throttle should never open to full 90 degrees.

clio sport 182
elba7rini thats with the rs tuner,mods...at the time bmc but iv removed it now,matched inlets and plenum,millteck decat at the rs tuner map and im not sur if that was at the wheels,as for the weight of the car,i got the vehcile weight of the car added the weight of my sub and amp added my weight and the passenger and run my car nearly dry and filled up with a gallon of fuel,calculated it all up and went for it

RenaultSport clio 182
RS Tuner shows the power at the wheels so 181bph would be massive ;)

From what I've heard, throttle should never open to full 90 degrees.
That's what I've been thinking, 181 BHP at the wheels require alot of mods,
and regarding the throttle, are you sure ?
and how much did your car weight there ? and plz mention if you changed the seats or used lighter parts on the car.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
181bhp at the wheels would be an insane result

Since mine is ph1 it's lighter than Yours
1110kg ready for a track, and 1150kg for normal use

partyboy23 I would strongly sugesst to weight the car on some motor scale on a scrap yard (I did it myself, with me inside, and it turned out to be much lighter than I expected) Any miscalculation with the car weight make the readout wrong

Henk, is that a "software error" (/ badly adjusted position sensor on the TB) or is it actually a case of the throttle butterfly not opening fully?

Its not an error. Its given in degrees relative to fully closed. Actual butterfly opening would be something like 82-85 degrees.

clio sport 182
i fink i got the car calculated at 1650kg,as for weighing it im not going to bother im just going to get it rr

RenaultSport clio 182
Henk, I think there's a one grid for degrees of butterfly opening and there's a percentage, I am talking abt the percentage here, it's 78%

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Henk, I think there's a one grid for degrees of butterfly opening and there's a percentage, I am talking abt the percentage here, it's 78%

I've just checked 3 other ph2 logs and in each case throttle opens max to 78.xx
Mine on ph1 opens to 82-83 max.

So We can easily assume this is normal.