ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rstuner

Clio 182
Hi all hopefully someone can help. I have purchased a 2nd hand Rstuner. 1x Unlock code 1x 98ron map. Henk has emailed me the downloads etc but i cannot open the files. The only way it says to open them is to use bump ? So how can i find my 8 digit unlock code ? let alone map the thing ? Hopefully im being thick ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi the unlock code is in the emails henk would have sent 2 ,1 with the cal info and 1 which gives unlock code,had mine earlier doing it tomz

you don't open the files. Save them to a folder of their own for easy access, open the software, connect to car and upload from there.....save the original software 1st though in case of hassle, you can always revert the car to standard.

Clio 182
I've got the email but it says don't open them unless through the rstuner and The one that doesn't say .cal doesn't open or have an 8 digit number ? Is there anyone in hampshire that can help ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
just got my email from henk with cal file on attatchments when i download the cal file where do i save it under?

Clio 182
Ok Henk emailed me this morning with the unlock code ! 1 bit sorted ! Now the calibration he sent me is a download not an attachment ? So when I save that download to a folder and select it via the rstuner there's nothing there ? Is that because I haven't downloaded it and saved it ?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
glad your happy with it.
can you post in here what you did exactly to run the map from start to finish?
I'm going to be doing mine but I find the instructions a bit sparse.
cheers, Lee.

Clio 182
I made 2 files on my desk top 1 = old ecu 1 = new map. When you receive the email from Henk download the files and save the attachments to your new map folder. Connect your Rstuner go to the "about" screen top right corner. Select "unlock vci " enter your 8 digit code. The vci should now be unlocked. Go back to the main screen and select "connect". It will read a bunch of fault codes and suggest you look at them but you won't be able to delete some of them as they require further unlock codes so I didn't bother. Now select "read ecu" save to your old ecu folder on your desk top. This took about 20 mins so it's vital your lap top is fully charged or connected to the mains. Once done it seems to disconnect you from your car and does this at every phase so don't worry just re-connect. Now select "read map" save this to your old ecu folder. This only took a couple of mins. Again connect back to car and select "write ecu" it will make you browse for a folder so select your "new map" folder it will automatically select the file it wants (did for me) but check that where it says file type it should say something like "rst" select this not the file "cal". Now in all the instructions it says about verifying your ecu data or something like that and that it should be the same ? This won't be the case that's for later when you apply the map. My serial number was different to the number it asked me to verify but select ok. Again it took 20 mins. Once you've finished that you should notice on the screen with your ecu data it says "fastchip" Now select "write cal" browse to your "new map" folder it should of selected the file type "cal" Now it should ask you to verify again but this time the first 4-5 numbers should be the same. Ok that and it will begin you should notice now in your ecu info it says "fastchip" twice ! Once finished your done ! I cleared my fault memory drove like a granny to the shell station, brimmed it with the finest V power then I can't lie I drove it like I stole it ! I even disgusted myself. What an incredible difference it's the single best mod you can do I think and peanuts cheap !! Hope this helps