ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT Probs :-(

hey everyone, just hoping all you clio gurus could help in what to do with my 1.4RT. HEre is the story.

Since i got it when it had 47000 miles on it i have needed.

New Alternator, new wheel bearing, 2 new calipers, pads and discs, exhaust centre section, 2 new rear brake cylinders, new cold start temp sens (think thats what its called), and a couple other things, im a 17 yr old student and dads been paying for repairs, as you can imagine hes not very happy and today when on full lock i noticed the driveshaft is goin (banging noise).

Now due to me being a dopey b*****d there are several dents on the bodywork, one on each front wing, one on passenger door, and a crack in both front and rear bumpers.

Also the gearbox feels a bit shoddy recently, doesnt feel right going into 2nd, effort to get into 1st sometimes, does this mean this could be going. I cant afford to spend anymore so should i sell car with dents (how much do you estimate its worth?) 63000 miles on clock L Reg. or should i continue repairing and hopefully do something cool when im in full time work this summer 5GTT conversion etc??

please all reply with advice im stuck!!??!!

Thanx all cliosporters

nige

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you need some drive shafts mate ive got 2 from a 1.4RT that you can have

christ you really do sound dopey with all those cracks and dents, instead of sorting those get yourself down to Specsavers lol..... ;)

with regards to the gears, get the linkage(think its that?) tightened up, when Andy at GDI done the conversion on my car, even tho its an old gearbox, the selection was very very precise........it needs tightnin up again but when thats done it will be back to how it was...

Ah so thats wot the prob wiht eh gearbox is, my first gear sticks when you change into it at anythign above 5mph, and sometimes 2nd sticks too.

So if i take it to my local garage and get em to tighten up the linkage that should sort it?

same prob here. 1st is often sticky, 2nd is sometimes and 3rd every now and again. Bluddy annoying aint it

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by lunner on 15 January 2004

Ah so thats wot the prob wiht eh gearbox is, my first gear sticks when you change into it at anythign above 5mph, and sometimes 2nd sticks too.

So if i take it to my local garage and get em to tighten up the linkage that should sort it?
i dunno mate but its worth a go, if your anywhere near Cambridge id take it to Andy at GDI an get him to sort it

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

he is yes.... thats why we needed to put the GTT dash in as the GTT box uses an electronic speed pick up not mechanical as in the clios

fairly easy to do